Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

NorCal FJs at Hollister Hills SVRA 05/10/08

3K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  Boss73 
#1 · (Edited)
eight fjs and a 4runner...we had a blast today! thanks to c4b for leading on the trails. it was nice to finally meet sonof40 and nda! here are some photos...

the meet-up...

hey, hey! look who's here! the organizer RockyFJ arrives in the voodoo

cruizin4bruzin' awaiting his turn at the quarry

headin' up the hill

cedricmassa at the bottom of white rock

Boss73 surveying RockyFJ's ascent of white rock

NDA431FJ taking a break

sonof40 and a view

cedricmassa descending from hector heights

more to come...

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
the day went by fairly quick...probably because we were having so much fun. the stockies held their own through v-groove and the like. here are some more pics...

cedricmassa in a tight squeeze

Boss73 following suit

solace in the shade

cedricmassa taking a leak

what would a day at hollister be without a visit to truck hill? here, the tazmanian devil gets his kicks...erm, or is it cedricmassa?!

sonof40 makes his attempt

cruizin4bruzin lifts off

brett and his 4runner pushin' it

something wicked this way comes

and the parting shot...

cypilk's best mod to date! :D

#3 · (Edited)
I would like to say that NorCal FJ's you all did good today on the technical runs, I'm not just talking about
white rock but the gulch and v-grove was pretty fun and hairy.
I have a few images so enjoy

BTW. This is probably the most technical runs we had at HOLLISTER...

#7 ·
I got it designed in the south bay at some sticker kiosk at the great mall, I had them save the design just incase anyone wants one printed..

There is a new sticker for the norcal fj's rockyfj has the sticker, just pm him about the sticker..

#8 ·
Thanks all for a good time. Great pics Steve (potato, maker of the chili dog) and Rusty (crsn4brsn, tech leader.)
What a great bunch'O guys! (and babes)
Truck Hill is my new Moby Dick. I'll BE BACK!

Attachments

#9 ·
I'm going to steal some of your photos and try to put something together, if you guys don't mind

#10 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot guys, I had so much fun and nice meeting you all.

Here are some of the pictures I took.

At the 4x4 gate, Vineyard School.

Greet and meet at the staging area.

RockyFJ arrives and too thirsty.

Upgrades and off-road worthiness inspections;

Potato & sonof40 wants to checkout the new Sandstorm.

Time to hit the trails;

We reached the top of the hill and it's time for lunch break.

Potato is doing an inventory of the hot dogs, cooking them and then shared to the crew.

#12 ·
I can't believe that I missed you guys... I heard about you at the 4x4 obstacle course... Everyone asked me if I was with the other FJs... I was with some of my Naval Postgrad buddies (mostly heeps, and a couple other random trucks)... This was probably my last time at Hollister before moving to the East Coast (for 11 months)... then it's down to San Diego... It was my first/last time to wheel with you guys locally... I wish you all the best and more to come...

#18 ·
VooDude, sorry we missed ya. Hope you have some fun times with our fj brethren to the east. safe travels and all the best to you!

Wow. great shots guys. One day i'll stop working 6 days a week and will have some energy to come out and kick'it with you guys! Glad everyone had fun!
hey, hey, there he is!

#14 · (Edited)
Great time and great pics!! Thanks to C4B and Rocky for leading and spot'n. Great time had by all that were there.. Great to meet everyone.. WE now need to do an over nighter somewhere. Potato and I were talking about an overnighter in Monterey. He said the trails arn't not bad and kin dof on the easy side, but the views might be worth the trip by itself.. We shall have to discuss this further..

Sorry we missed ya to Voodude !! Bummer that this was your last trip out to Hollister... At least when you come back you will be in San Diego and there is lots of traisl out there..

#29 ·
yep Sure did.... working on getting the vids to youtube and working on getting the pictures up as well. Takes me some time I lag.

#27 ·
So I have the video from Hollister that day we went, but it's 200 megabytes, 7 mins long, and in wmv format.

Anyone know how to shrink it down?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.