Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There has been some BS and speculation about a meet and greet in/around the North Florida area. So.....Im gonna take the initiative and throw it out there officially. Sunday June 1st, 4x4's only area of St. Augustine beach I will be out there with my woman, my wiener dog and my FJ! I would say I'll have my grill set up by 1:30pm burning some hotdogs. If anybody is interested, this is my plan of attack. Comments, concerns, or suggestions? Just look for my hooptie in the sig pic below with a canopy set up next to it. We'll probably be out there for at least a couple of hours I would imagine. If you would be so kind as to let me know if your gonna show up 4 sure I would gladly make a couple of reserved signs to throw up next to my rig on both sides to guarantee a parking spot for FJC Forum Members! :bigthumb:
PS-I believe it's 8$ for non-St. Johns County residents and 7$ for residents to enter the beach area.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I can Google Map St. Augustine Beach, but where is the 4X4 area? I'll see if the family is up for a St. Aug. trip.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The most popular entrance is by the oasis restaurant. If you were to enter there you would turn right on the beach and go as far as you could (guessing maybe 2-3 miles) and at the last exit there is a sign stating 4X4's ONLY. It's impossible to miss. :google: <==== Its about that obvious.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
The most popular entrance is by the oasis restaurant. If you were to enter there you would turn right on the beach and go as far as you could (guessing maybe 2-3 miles) and at the last exit there is a sign stating 4X4's ONLY. It's impossible to miss. :google: <==== Its about that obvious.
Please post some directions! Their is a slight chance Me and the wife could go.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Please post some directions! Their is a slight chance Me and the wife could go.
4000 A1A S
St Augustine, FL 32080

This is the address for the actual Oasis Restaurant. You will want to take Ocean Trace Rd to get to the drive in part of the beach.

i really want to make out there but doubt I will make it since I will be looking at homes with my lady.

·
Registered
325 Posts
It looks like we are going to be able to make it on Sunday. My daughter wants to bring her dog too, you are certain dogs are OK on that beach?

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Well I was hoping to go but the wife wants me to save the gas money for next weeks Trip to Tennessee. Damned gas costs!!! Can't play like I'm used to.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just to let you all know, its not 4x4 only down there. I drive on that beach and Ramp atleast once a week. I'm going down there Tonight so I'll let y'all know if the sands to soft.

Where are you saying there is a 4x4 only sign? In my 4 years of going to St. Aug where I can drive on the beach I've only seen signs like that when the sand is rutted up bad and the police are kicked the 2wds off the beach.

Edit:

My sig pic is taken on the beach down near the Mantanzas Avenue ramp.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im 100% positive there is a sign that clearly states 4x4's only!! I only know this because I didnt see it until I was leaving last weekend :mecry: Im not saying the whole beach is that way, just this area toward the end. YES dogs are allowed, I walked my dog all up and down the beach all day. I only saw about 5-6 dogs all day but I never saw a no dogs sign once :bigthumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry I'll miss this one--just got back into town Friday. Funds are low and I'm spending the weekend cleaning that good slick rock out of the "Mother Ship".

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No problem for those of you couldnt make it out this time. I even got out a little later than planned, I only ran into Skorp62 as he was leaving. We'll have to take a little better of a concensus on who can make it next time! Da Hui I was partially wrong, there are 4x4 only signs but I guess its where people tear up the sand real good that they post those. My bad :bigthumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts