Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been a while since I dove into the wealth of information here, sorry to everyone for being a stranger to the forum the past year or so.

Have a work trip to Phoenix this next week and of course driving the FJ down. It's basically stock since I put on so many highway miles, but would like to take in some scenery in some short drives. Planning to stay in Flagstaff or near on Saturday night (4-19) then take in some sights around Sedona or the area before going on down to Phoenix for business. Will be in Phoenix till Wednesday then it's a speedy trip home.

The Mrs is along and she's not into off road much, but definitely appreciates the sights and knows her way around the 4x4 too. In other words 2 to 3 hours off-roading would be enough for her, but pair that with some hiking trails and more is good too. Something off the normal tourist path is best too.

I was thinking that some local or frequent visitors to the area could make some simple suggestions. We're pretty laid back and not on a schedule other than my business meetings that begin Sunday evening then through the days to Wednesday.

Thanks for any input!

·
Banned
3,591 Posts
Easy.....leave Flag....take the 89/89a all the way to prescott......you'll see Sedona/Jerome/and one heck of alot of scenic AZ.....when you get to Prescott....go down wiskey row and get some lunch.....leave there and head to Phoenix......

While in Sedona, there are some of the most scenic off road trails on the planet....all easy in a stock FJ.....stop at Red Rock Country - Maps and Brochures for maps and such....he's a member of the AZFJ.org site the place with the red jeeps

Here's a teaser...

·
Registered
820 Posts
Ya too bad you won't be here a week later, you could stop in for a day of Sedonafest.

If you do end up in Prescott like Homedad suggests, be sure to hit up the Gurley Street Grill if you are hungry..good stuff!

Have fun!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Best advice is what Homedad posted...you will see the best of the area between Flag and Phoenix on that route.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, we're headed out in the morning, hope to make Flagstaff (a 14 hour drive) tomorrow. Then a leisurely drive around and down eventually to Phoenix in time for the welcome reception of my meeting Sunday.

Have a great weekend!

JL

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes all, sorry for not posting sooner! We made it not as early as would have liked that Sunday as we only made it to Holbrook very late the night before. Took the drive on 89 to Sedona by lunch time and took a couple short scenic detours along the way. We had a great lunch at Shuegrue's Grill and then went exploring a bit outside of town before having to high-tail it to Phoenix to make it to my business meeting on time.

We had a great time although the "off-roading" was very limited to just a couple detours. We've got the area on our "list" for visiting soon as it holds special memories from when our relationship was young so we'll be back.

Thanks for the great input ya'll it was greatly appreciated and we had a great time making the most of the recomendations we had in the short amount of time we had available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts