Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pleased to announce that we have been granted permission to use the maintenance facilities at the Veteran's Memorial Airpark on May 17, 2008 from 10am to 6pm.

We will have jacks, jack stands and air compressor available for us to use. There will be free Hamburgers and hot dogs served and drinks will be available at the Airpark ($0.50 Cokes,etc..).

Directions:

The easiest way to the airpark is to go to 820 north and exit N.Main. After turning south on N.Main, proceed south to NW 38th St. Turn right at NW 38th St. (by fire station) and follow it all the way down. You will pass through a pipe gate and turn immediately left. Go past the hangars and through the gate. You will turn left before you get to the airplanes. I will post signs at Main and NW 38th.

PM me if you need my phone# or if you have any questions.

Hope to See You There!!!

Digger

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I'll be there.. Don't have anything to do but will lend a hand if anyone needs one.

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
im in, as long as wife doesnt have us commited...would be fun to meet some locals...dont need anything done, but wouldnt hesitate to give someone a hand, or wrench, or saw, or.....you know how that list can go

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
Cool; I will come to be sociable for once. If I haven't finished wiring up my new on-board compressor by then I may work on that, otherwise I'll be available for advice or help on other's trucks - I've installed enough lifts on FJC's to be pretty good at it now. Plus, I used to make a living as a mechanic a long time ago.

Edit: Maybe maybe my Demello rear bumper will be here by then - any week now, waiting... waiting...

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
I'm 17 and can't install my springs who wants to help?
I'll let you do most of the work, but can show you all the short cuts and etc. Not that difficult of a job.

Sweet! Does anyone have experience installing OME 886s?
Yep. If you want, I'll bring my spring compressors and an impact wrench to turn them with, but you'll do most of the real work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
wish i had known about the blue room a while ago. This day is greatness. i can for sure help out, but may need some help taking a little metal off from behind the front tires. i have a 3" lift and i'm gonna get some 305/70/17's, i expext a little rub. i am not at all familiar with welding.....anyone out here help with that? they may not allow the flame in the hanger, who knows.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
wish i had known about the blue room a while ago. This day is greatness. i can for sure help out, but may need some help taking a little metal off from behind the front tires. i have a 3" lift and i'm gonna get some 305/70/17's, i expext a little rub. i am not at all familiar with welding.....anyone out here help with that? they may not allow the flame in the hanger, who knows.
There's a way to chop the body mount, using a grinder, instead of a torch. Then, instead of welding a plate over the hole a forum member used epoxy putty to fill it (pretty unique idea).

You'll have to search the Tech Articles section, or a general forum search to find the thread...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I plan to be there. I got home tonight and the UPS chick left my SAW/OME hybrid lift on the porch, which hpefully I'll get on this weekend. That should leave me available to help whoever else needs it on the 17th.

If we run out of lifts to install, maybe someone can help me install a pair of aux backup lights, since I'm pretty much electrically inept.

·
Registered
160 Posts
That IRS check can't get here soon enough!!! I will also try to make it, don't know much but i can cause problems. lol

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
i have a 3" lift and i'm gonna get some 305/70/17's, i expext a little rub.
I have a business associate who lives in Keller with that exact lift and size of tires on stock alloy wheels. I installed his OME lift for him. His needed the body mount chop for sure, and they still rub at full turn on the (stock) upper control arms. FYI.

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
I'm there!

Anyone experienced in the installation of the Safari Snorkel?

Digger, do they have various size metal hole saws available in order to tackle this task?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I'm there!

Digger, do they have various size metal hole saws available in order to tackle this task?
definitely interested in this one.. I don't have experience but wouldn't mind helping out. I think it's one of my next mods..

edit:btw from what I read you only need a 4" hole bit other than the normal drill bits. but I probably would want to double check that.

I'm planning on doing a lift, I'll know which one when I get there lol!
I have some allen bits and star bits, if you need to install that CAI

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm there!

Let me dig around and see what I can come up with... I have a 3" but not a 4"...

1 - 20 of 81 Posts