Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... if any of you northern coloradoers like mexican food, I mean REAL mexican food, I am running some great specials in honor of Cinco de Mayo. If you are at a loss for a place to eat , come check out my restaurant. you can find directions at
lakevalley(dot) com just navigate to the the persimmon grill, and take a look at the menu and weekly specials.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill be there all week with the exeption of Monday. The MOle is amazingy good if I do say so myself, but if youve ever made mole, you know that nothing that is that labor intensive can turn out bad. 4.5 hours of toasting, and grinding and stirring, and toastin and grinding, and stirring... but oohhhh so worth it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Ill be there all week with the exeption of Monday. The MOle is amazingy good if I do say so myself, but if youve ever made mole, you know that nothing that is that labor intensive can turn out bad. 4.5 hours of toasting, and grinding and stirring, and toastin and grinding, and stirring... but oohhhh so worth it.
Yeah that I do, chicken mole though, haven't had Mole con Pato. I used to use the store bought sauce, but then my mother in law taught me how to make it, never turned back after that.

We do need to get together, like I was telling cooking is one of my favorite things to do. Maybe we can plan a trail run/cook off!!! Bobby Flay vs the home town kid type of thing.

I bet my grilled steaks are better than yours!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Wait a minute here. I will go up against you two any day. ;)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I saw you eavesdropping. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Funny, I've lived here a long time and have driven and rode my bike past there countless times; never knew about Persimmon Grill. One doesn't need to be a member to eat there? Sounds really good!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funny, I've lived here a long time and have driven and rode my bike past there countless times; never knew about Persimmon Grill. One doesn't need to be a member to eat there? Sounds really good!
That has been the problem that I have run into this first year that I have been there. People who live in the area assume its strictly private. But, the restaurant is open to the public. 7 days a week from 11-9 evento go orders. Our complete menu is on line. (plug plug)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Ahhh, takes me back to the 8 years I spent in kitchens in Boulder... that was a different era! We need a mad chef smiley... :D

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Chef,
we'll be by to visit...nice to know about someplace different than the "usual".

Thanks!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I change the specials every week, trying to utilize local whenever possible. But alays inventive, amazingly tasty, and unbelievably affordable.highest item is $14 right now and thats 12 oz of grilled sushi grade yellow fin with sweet pea coulis, rice and an apricot wasabi chutney.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
So... if any of you northern coloradoers like mexican food, I mean REAL mexican food, I am running some great specials in honor of Cinco de Mayo. If you are at a loss for a place to eat , come check out my restaurant. you can find directions at
lakevalley(dot) com just navigate to the the persimmon grill, and take a look at the menu and weekly specials.
Man, I got excited thinking you were in loveland or fort collins. Being from San Diego, I'm HURTING for good / real mexican food. I've tried a bunch of places now, and no one can do it like the places in San Diego unfortunately. I guess being a border city has SOME benefits. Well if I'm in Boulder area sometime, I'll try and plan to stop in.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Man, I got excited thinking you were in loveland or fort collins. Being from San Diego, I'm HURTING for good / real mexican food. I've tried a bunch of places now, and no one can do it like the places in San Diego unfortunately. I guess being a border city has SOME benefits. Well if I'm in Boulder area sometime, I'll try and plan to stop in.
Inca is great its on college south of horse tooth somewhere not exactly sure but googlel it, then...MY favorite is Guadalajara in windsor. Food. AMAZING. Service is even better, seriosly it is just as you would expect from a mexican family owned place, very friendly every single time.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Inca is great its on college south of horse tooth somewhere not exactly sure but googlel it, then...MY favorite is Guadalajara in windsor. Food. AMAZING. Service is even better, seriosly it is just as you would expect from a mexican family owned place, very friendly every single time.
I'll try Guadalajara for sure. I love food from the Guadalajaran region. Thanks for the tip. I've seen Inca many times, but frankly never heard anything about it, so I figured it wasn't anything special. I just hate that people like the Rio in old town. Yes the margaritas have a ton of alcohol in them, but the food is horrendous and the margaritas don't "taste" good at all.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Inca has amazing Nopalitos. And camarones mojo de ajo. Guadalajara is seriosly hands down one of the best restaurants, everything considered(service, atmosphere, food) that I have ever been to, well, except for my restaurant. I am running some of the most amazing fish this week. Its called Kampacha., and is the best fish I have ever had. Picture sushi grade tuna, but fattier. Its got more omega 3 than salmon. It is smooth and buttery and seriously the best fish I have ever eaten. Cant wait for it to get in tomorrow so I can clean it and eat some sashimi...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.