Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, I've got the itch to go offroad with my kids and don't want to wait until the spring thaw. Anybody know of any scenic trails, maybe ghost town or something of the nature within a few hours of SLC? Not looking for anything treacherous in the snow and would love company if anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Just went an a run around the GSL. It was a customer appreciation run put on by CruiserOutfitters. So think of what it was like, just like in your avatar, only everything is covered in snow, little mud, and the best thing....no dust! It was very slick in spots, but it was a blast drifting around the corners at a high rate of speed.:rocker:

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
^^^ Pretty sweet! I was around 5 mile pass yesterday, not a ton of snow, and a bit slick in spots. :) There are some ghost towns and what not around that area, shouldn't be too tough of a run.:cheers:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. I know that the land out there is a mix of public and private, did you have to get permission from anyone before camping?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The SRS is a short jont from SLC. Can get there in about an hour and a half. It's just SW of Price.

The Wedge

Buckhorn Wash Pictographs

Makes for a fun little day trip

Enter just outside of Castledale, Ut.

We're planning another trip in a few weeks. You're welcome to come along.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I'll check it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts