Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have run Nos on several other V8 powered rigs I have built in the past. I used a 75 shot on a 300 Ford F-150, 200 shot on a 327 powered 1 and a 1/4 ton Chevy, and several other combos to Have a FULL THROTTLE jolt to launch threw mud or up a rock ledge... Has any one tried this with a FJ? ANd is it even doable with the 4.0 with out dropping pistons?

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
huh, I haven't heard of anyone doing this, but that doesn't mean no one has. When I'm wheeling I like to creep the fj with a nice steady slow creep. Get to much umph and your going to be busting your rear differential. Just my .02, take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
I agree with both of the above. If you want more power I'd go a super charger. They are a little tough on engines too, but not like NOS.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
nos would be helpful but you might want to look into a supercharger meth injections as we have a new meth injection vendor for the fj's now.. and slow is great and all but sometimes you gotta take chances and break stuff :D that way you can tell your kids not to do it :)

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
I've done that one to many times without NOS :rofl:

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
Nitrous is only hard on the motor if improperly installed.. I wouldn't run a daily driver setup on a motor tuned for a nitirous.. However is you can get a programer to switch tune ups quickly I don't see a problem.. Remember when using nitirous a lot, change your oil more frequently...

I would also inquire on how big of a shot the motor can handle.. I would think 50-75hp but that's just a guess

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
I am not sure what a NOS setup would cost but a TRD supercharger with an XP-1 from URD is going to run over 4K plus install. If someone was able to put this together in a kit form and undercut that you might have something there. I'd like a supercharger but in reality I am not looking to go 130 in the FJ. With the regear and the other stuff I am pleased with performance. Now with a shot of NOS and front/rear lockers you'd have an FJ on momentary steroids.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NOS, Is one of many brands. Nitrous Oxide comes in 2 forms, Medical & Industrial. The set ups I used in the past are wet systems set automaticly to inject only when the skinny pedal (accelerator pedal for those politicly correct) Is at "full Throttle". Rocks, I agree slow n steady.There are some trails or obsticals like 3 to 4 foot almost vertical faced, that you need a little kick in the pants to get the rear up n over, after you crawl the front end over. It can give you 75 to 300 extra Horse Power between 300 and 1200 bucks. Super chargers are 5000$ installed. I have never had the extra cash so every toy I have ever owned was a daily driver. Including a 600hp FireBird with a 300 hp shot of "NOS". It lasted 3 years, and about 50,000 miles only to find destiny with some @(^(^^#)!)#)$)&$&) that decided to set it on fire and burn it to the ground. Not having much wrench time on the Newer Toyotas and the way the 4.0 is set up, I was just getting a feel for if it would hold a small 100 shot of Nitrous Oxide. Oh and I have broken more axles and transfers, In 1st gear, 4low, not moving, trying to Gently get over a rock or what ever, than any other time when I am beating the life out of what Im driving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts