Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Well met!

I don't own an FJ, but I thought I would check in and say thanks for all the info you guys share here.

My story is pretty simple; I've been a truck guy since I started driving. But after 10 years of bouncing down the road, I decided I wanted something different, and so I bought a Dodge Magnum when they came out in 2004/2005. Over the next three years I've transformed the Magnum, my "Bean", into this: The Bean: Dodge Magnum RT 392 Stroker - San Jose, California

I also joined LXForums.com and worked my way all the way up to being an administrator over there (a 20k+ member strong site, like this one, dedicated to the love and info sharing of the Magnum's platform (termed "LX" and shared by the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger).

I love that car. I really do. But it turns out I'm just not driving it like I thought I would. I built it for open road and road track racing... and I just am not finding myself at those events, nor am I sure I will any time soon. And being tied to 'good' roads has began to feel... limiting.

So I've found my eye wandering back to the 4x4/truck world the last few months. And I've loved the FJ since it came out... so here I am.

Realistically I'd have to sell the Magnum before any serious FJ talk could happen. And I'd have to make sure I can drive it comfortably over the long term (I'm 6'9" and have test driven it ok, but it was on the small side for my long legs). But I figure why not stick around a bit and learn all I can, and see if this is something I want to pursue.

Thanks again guys! I look forward to learning a bunch.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Welcome. Which NBA team do you play for?

I have seen posts on here from guys 6'4"+ and they say they have the room. 6"9" is something else. All I can say is that the FJ is the only vehicle I have ever been really excited about. Ours is not a daily drive has 10K on it and we still find reasons to drive it. Can't believe my co-pilot likes to drive it as much as I do.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
Welcome to the forum and just to let you know, we have some more really TALL guys around here so I do believe that the FJ will take care of you very well.....

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome! Don't even think about it just go out and buy one. You'll never look back.
Chuck:)

·
Premium Member
17,095 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Welcome Aboard! Go for it, you won't be dissappointed!:bigthumb::wave:

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Welcome to the forum, When I bought the fj, I was at a point i could have bought any vehicle i wanted. First I was going after a new Mustang convertable. then I thought maybe a new Magnum. then I finally decided on a Tundra. Then I test drove the fj. and He has been with me every since... I say go for the fj.. You will want to take a day off just to go and drive it, sit and look at it. or even Polish it... Good Luck....:wave:

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great folks, info and fun!

I love my FJ! One of the reasons I bought it is that it fits my body. I'm 6'4" and weigh 250. I have plenty of shoulder, leg and head room. The seat works for me!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
welcome aboard they have plenty of head room

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Welcome :wave:

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You're with good company here.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Stop thinking and saddle up. There are some great deals on pre-owned rigs right now. You can get a relatively new vehicle, something with less than 30K miles on it for around $19K, very reasonable. Welcome to our little world and be sure to visit frequently.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts