Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not seeing flying threads this year for this...
If I go, it will be as always minus the summit fee. I'll find trails and people to go with to get in trouble with.
Peoples names to cross out..

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
We are excited to go this year! Its a vacation in the Rockies! With about 298 strangers from all walks of life!!! But all have one common thing................. FJ's we paid our summit fee's, its cool.

So don't harsh my gig man!:wave:

you started the thread!!lol!!!

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
I'll be there,
Also I'm declaring myself the surrogate trail team. I will not be giving out swag or doing any demonstrations but I will make a video, looking for ladies 18-25. you will need to sign a waiver but the roofie coladas are on me.

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Naw dude, I just want to see some Narwhals....:bigthumb:
Sorry, humor was outlawed. The machine is shut down.

I'll be there,
Also I'm declaring myself the surrogate trail team. I will not be giving out swag or doing any demonstrations but I will make a video, looking for ladies 18-25. you will need to sign a waiver but the roofie coladas are on me.
Hmm, I won't bring my dog, not sure what kinda video you're going for.
Check ID, let's hope they don't have another under age bikini car wash.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
YOU FAWKER I'll get you my perdy:lol: DOnt cross out old graffiti artists dude:rofl:

I have no trails scheduled so if ya wanna meet up and fight on the snow banks let me know:D

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
:thinkerg: Yeah, good idea, come and don't pay. And if we don't break even we'll just quit having the FJSummit. Its a PITA anyway......:rocker:

We'll let the paying participants, charities, good people of Ouray, volunteers, and contributing Sponsors make sure your welcome!:wave:

Then next year we'll just blow it off!:cry:

Seriously, nobody's holding a gun to your head to pay. But we set the price, to pay for the amenities, insurance, food, and good charitable contributions. We plan trails, forest service permits, tent, meals, photo, etc for only the number we get from registrants, so I encourage you to respect the event and support us if you can. If for some reason you cannot afford it (yet you own an FJ:rolleyes:) I'll try to accommodate you. I am sure the good people of this community can help out!:clap:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
YEPPERS I'm a rebel and I paid! I think its worth its price in gold..then I can cross you out without feeling icky about you abusing the system:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
If I go, it will be as always minus the summit fee. I'll find trails and people to go with to get in trouble with.

So if you didn't pay to participate in last years event, how did you get that window sticker?

Did you steal that too?

You must be very proud.

:)

-

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
So if you didn't pay to participate in last years event, how did you get that window sticker?

Did you steal that too?

You must be very proud.

-
Savvyav didn't take the picture he just did the snow tagging. Can't remember who took the picture I want to say it was Dom but I'm pretty sure thats not right ether.

Not sure if you can call going to Ouray during the summit and not participating in the FJ summit stealing, which is what you seem to be implying. Just saying.

There are good reasons to pay to go, but Savvyav didn't have a good experience doing that the first year, and he even told the organizers about that, and now choices to just go to Ouray on his own. And don't worry he didn't participate in the summit events last year (food, raffle, trail runs...) and doubt he will this year.

I hope things work out well and you guys can keep doing them. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts

What I'm saying is if you got a sticker and a T-shirt and participated in the meals and you didn't pay, then you are stealing IMHO.

I'm just saying.

If not, then fine, it's a free country.

Still it just seems really odd to go into the Summit section of the forum and brag about going to the Summit, not paying and crossing out names.

That's all.

-

·
Registered
8,140 Posts

Did you steal that too?

You must be very proud.

-

I actually ended up with more than the 2 stickers we got at the end of the weekend, none stolen. There were 2 in my tool bag we got, one was stuck in my window like a business card, a few other i found on the ground, and one in the bathroom at the KOA.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I actually ended up with more than the 2 stickers we got at the end of the weekend, none stolen. There were 2 in my tool bag we got, one was stuck in my window like a business card, a few other i found on the ground, and one in the bathroom at the KOA.
:rofl: Ha, picking up stickers off the bathroom floor of a KOA.:eek: Look me up this year i'll give ya as many as ya need,,,, :bigthumb:

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To make it perfectly CLEAR. I payed both the first and second year for the summit. All i got was a dumb azz tee and a sticker. I was robbed of any meals promised (they ran out both years), along with schedules getting screwed up and ended up on 1 run total for both years. I still had fun mind you, made friends etc.
A few got upset as we made suggestions which were "to soon" along with being told they were set up as a "charity". Still, zero non-profit number on file.

I was one of the first of many to pre pay. So stick it T2.:rawr:

Savvyav didn't take the picture he just did the snow tagging. Can't remember who took the picture I want to say it was Dom but I'm pretty sure thats not right ether.

Not sure if you can call going to Ouray during the summit and not participating in the FJ summit stealing, which is what you seem to be implying. Just saying.

There are good reasons to pay to go, but Savvyav didn't have a good experience doing that the first year, and he even told the organizers about that, and now choices to just go to Ouray on his own. And don't worry he didn't participate in the summit events last year (food, raffle, trail runs...) and doubt he will this year.

I hope things work out well and you guys can keep doing them. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts