Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 2 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
18,268 Posts
Let me rephrase the question. What easy install would raise the rear about a 1/2 an inch?? I would have thought the manufacture of the leveling kit what have made sure the front was just a tad lower than the rear. The last kit I installed on my Titan was like that. So when completely loaded it was level and when empty the front sat just slightly lower than the rear.
I am with the others on this one. What you have described seems to be the way the FJ was designed.

The only thing i can suggest to make it closer to what you are hoping for is a couple choices.
Get a smaller spacer for the front (which i doubt you want to do)
Add airbags to the rear suspension. There are forum members that have done this to prevent sagging when towing a boat. They have also made install threads on the subject.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...simple-towing-suspension-mod-air-springs.html

While not a 5 minutes fix, i think it will suite your needs very well. Hope this will help.

· Premium Member
18,268 Posts
Air bags sound like an easy solution to the problem. Heck had I know I'd have to go through all this I'd let the darn thing alone(probably not!). I just hated the way the front sagged so bad. Seems it's a little more noticeable on the off-road package with the 16" wheels as compared to the 17" wheels. I sure like the looks a lot better level.

Why can't I ever be happy?????

Thanks guys!
No probs. Mods only help fill that hole for so long, then you are looking for a new mod.

I don't noticed much of a sag when i have passengers in the rear, but i have OME springs which have a higher spring rate.

1 - 2 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.