Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finished installing my Rough Country 6" lift with Radflo upgrade. My brakes are not acting right now. I never disconnected any brake lines. I just routed them as needed. So sometimes when I hit the brakes, they work like normal, others it will have a little resistance to it and then go pretty soft and have enough to bring the rig to stop once it gets to the bottom of the peddles travel path. Hope that makes sense. So I don't think there would be air in the lines since I never unhooked them. I m going to bleed them anyways when I get to days off. Also I am thinking about upgrading to extended stainless lines. Is this worth the cost?

Ears are open to any suggestions. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,881 Posts
Aside from making sure nothing got pinched or bent...

Did you check the fluid level?

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Check the wires going to your wheel speed sensors. I have a bearing come apart and plug the reluctor area up. I had the exact same symptoms but not intermittently. I cleaned it out so it could read the teeth & mine went away. I would definitely check there first. May have pinched it or broken a wire during the install. The intermittent part seem most likely an electrical fault. Bad or no signal to the braking computer on your master cylinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts