Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya know of all the things i've done to our FJ the wife seems to be less them impresed; 3" Toytec lift...."now its hard for me to get in". 285 BFG AT's....."Oooo,they look grippy". KC slimlites...."you drilled HOLES in the bumper!". Rear flood lights and back-up camera...."what are all these new switches?" Passenger side armrest...."NOW THAT's A MOD". Youda thunk i installed a lazy boy with foot massage over there. It's things like this that make me shake my head and smile, and remind me why i marred her in the first place.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Ya know of all the things i've done to our FJ the wife seems to be less them impresed; 3" Toytec lift...."now its hard for me to get in". 285 BFG AT's....."Oooo,they look grippy". KC slimlites...."you drilled HOLES in the bumper!". Rear flood lights and back-up camera...."what are all these new switches?" Passenger side armrest...."NOW THAT's A MOD". Youda thunk i installed a lazy boy with foot massage over there. It's things like this that make me shake my head and smile, and remind me why i marred her in the first place.:bigthumb:

Oh yes the wife mod. I did that one first:), but went with the Tuffy console. She quickly forgot about the TRD CAI, Scan Gauge, OME lift, and now the Rasta Skids I'm about to buy.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
That seems to happen a lot to different people.:bandit:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Totally agree. Wife loved that mod so much I got some pudding.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine went gaga over the tuffy console and the rock rail steps. She was initially upset over not getting the passenger rest but now gloats over the padded rest

·
Registered
521 Posts
The first time my wife was in my FJ she said "Where is my armrest", nothing about the FJ just "where is my armrest" Therefore is was my first MOD.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The first time my wife was in my FJ she said "Where is my armrest", nothing about the FJ just "where is my armrest" Therefore is was my first MOD.
that goes for about 2/3 of the people that have ever sat in the truck

·
Registered
144 Posts
I can say between the passenger arm rest and the side '08 visors, the wife comfort factor WCF has increased from a fair 0.8 to at least a 2.0. Its hard to get her NOT interested in an evening run around the block. :D

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I think, with the ex. of a few, we are all in the same boat here. I get an ear full when I come home with the FJ covered in mud, "You're going to kill that truck if you keep driving it in the woods, bla,bla,bla,bla bla,bla,bla, Look at all the scraches in the hood, & over here on the door, bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla You can't take care of anything bla,bla,bla,bla,bla My mother said bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
My wife was confused by the nitto's i put on, "why do guys always stare at the tires now?". But her favorite mod was a big old rubber backed office type rug that keeps the rottie from slipping around in the back.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
we are all in the same boat here. I get an ear full, bla,bla,bla,bla bla,bla,bla. Bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla. Bla,bla,bla,bla,bla,bla
"Nagging is the repetition of unpalatable truths."--Edith Clara Summerskill

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hate to tell you all, by my hunny seems to veer toward all the nerdy mods like storage, lifts, paint protection, subwoofer boxes......and I am the one drooling over the less practical mods such as the tube doors or oogling all the beefy tires.

Sheesh......he uses the "wife mod" armrest more than me......when I drive his drinking (but not drunk.....cuz he's Irish and can drink like a fish) butt home from a night out!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts