Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the honor of paying $70.40 to the Salem, Oregon Toyota Dealership, for the priviledge of finding out that my backup sensors are not covered by warranty when they get mud on them from the inside of the bumper. Now let me figure this out! The bumper is on a four wheel drive designed for off road use and the rear bumper apparently doesn't seal the sensors off from mud or anything else, so the sensors are not covered if this happens. What did toyota think was going to happen to the rear bumper of their FJ's while off roading???? I guess if you have the sensors, be careful when you get off the pavement.
The sensors cost $125 ea. and I chose not to replace them. I told them not to put the rear bumper back on as I would do that myself. Well when I picked up the FJ the pumper was put back on and they charge me for it. The service manager, when I tried to reason with him, just shrugged his shoulders and pointed his finger at me and said he dosen't disagree with me completly but those are toyota's guidlines.
So beware all you mud collecting off roaders out there because this idiotic information was left out of the brochure.

I am putting this out so people will know whats going on before they have to put out any money.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I see you too have found 1 of the MANY horribly stupid stealerships out there.

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Hmmmm... Imo, you got hosed by the dealer service. I would have pitched a royal-ass fit. Current and potential customers in the immediate area would have become quite aware of my dissatisfaction. I wouldn't have paid them a dime for the labor they charged to put the bumper cover back on - I assume it was the cover and not the actual bumper that they removed?

If I were you, I wouldn't let it drop and I would take it up with Toyota.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Hmmmm... Imo, you got hosed by the dealer service. I would have pitched a royal-ass fit. Current and potential customers in the immediate area would have become quite aware of my dissatisfaction. I wouldn't have paid them a dime for the labor they charged to put the bumper cover back on - I assume it was the cover and not the actual bumper that they removed?

If I were you, I wouldn't let it drop and I would take it up with Toyota.
Seriously, my dealership gave me some issues right after i bought the FJ. So on my review that corporate Toyota sent me for my experience with the dealership, i left them some negative feedback in certain areas. Toyota corporate takes this VERY serious and will deal with them.

By the way, that dealership WILL know that it was you that got in touch with toyota about it, so, either they will man up and try and win you back or screw you over even more. I would personally try and find another dealership to deal with after getting in touch with Toyota.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I had a similar experience with Nissan. I did take it up with corporate and they said it was no problem, because I'd already paid. I told them I would sell my Pathfinder and tell everybody I knew to buy something else. They said "Ok, thank you sir."

I have convinced at least 10 people I know to not buy a Nissan who were ready to pull the trigger. I figure we're even for the bogus $200 ransom they took out on my truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts