Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm fairly new here and fairly new to the FJ. So far, I'm loving it. I ordered a Donahoe/Icon 3" lift and I'd like some info on finding a shop to get it installed. I called 4 wheel parts but, they won't install it due to it being something they don't sell. I can probably figure it out myself but, it's not really something I want to take a chance on messing up. Does anyone have a good shop they can recommend? I'll probably buy some tires and get an alignment as well while I'm at it.

Thanks in advance,

Case

·
Registered
144 Posts
Javier is obviously the TLCC group's first choice. I didn't know of him when I have my tires/lift/alignment done. I had mine done at 4 wheel parts down on Westheimer. Good service plus warranty.

C

·
Registered
62 Posts
Might also want to check out CMX Industries (281) 440 1555, they helped me with my fabtech 6" on a couple things. They are in spring, off of Kurykendal near 1960.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'll check CMX out as well. I hope to have the lift installed by the end of the month. I just need to decide on which tires to go with. I'm leaning toward the Toyo mud tires so I can use my stock TRD rims.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Attend one of the local FJ Meet & Greets and you can probably find some guys that would be more than happy to help you intall it for free!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I may look into doing it myself. I need to pull the directions out and go over them again to see if it's something I want to take on. I don't have a ton of tools so, that's another reason I was just going to take it to a shop and get it done. It's also a good reason to buy more tools. :lol:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I may look into doing it myself. I need to pull the directions out and go over them again to see if it's something I want to take on. I don't have a ton of tools so, that's another reason I was just going to take it to a shop and get it done. It's also a good reason to buy more tools. :lol:
Let me know when you want to do it and I'll help you. I lifted mine by myself.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, if that's the case...I have plenty of room for everyone to come on out and work on FJ's. I've got an air compressor and some general tools but, I am lacking in any kind of specialized tools. I live on the NW side of town off of 290. Everyone pick a date and lets set it up. :cheers:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I would not take my truck or anything to 4 Wheel Parts shops. first they are very high on cost. second they do not give a **** about anything just money.
other shops in town are much better.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Let's do it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts