Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
no doubt...I'm in Seattle, have you put a deposit down anywhere around here yet? I've got on @ Burien Toyota but I'm suspect.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm here is Seattle too.

Okay. this sounds stupid.
But, my wife's friend's brother is one of the mucky mucks at Michael's in Bellevue is saying they intend to sell theirs at "Market price".

I thought they might be reasonable, but even if it was my mom, they just lost any sale they might ever have from me for any Toyota.

Luckily there are other dealer in western washington, 3 hours south in Portland, or even Idaho becomes a possibility.

I haven't called around yet, but I intend to.
Puyallup has the Sales Satisfaction index (link to another article)

I'm not desparate and I'm not going to take an attitude like Michael's.

I'll share what I find when I find it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmm...well, Burien told me that the vehicle would not be sold at an adjusted market price. I put a $1,000 deposit down & it is 100% refundable. I am still checkin out other dealers & trying to get a feel for who's serious & knows what they are talking about. At the time (1 month or so ago) Burien was the only one around here taking deposits so I just did it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd rather take a day's vacation, drive a couple hundred miles, & enjoy the ride than give some grubby man his money.
Seems like there are a number of dealers. I'm hoping they are reasonable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Toyota of Lake City is taking $500 deposits. I've bought 3 vehicles there, a Tacoma, Tundra, and used '93 Landcruiser there and have been mostly happy with them appart from the occasional jackass salesperson. I do all my buying over the internet and tend to get better service that way. I swear I don't work for them :). Anyone know a good metal shop? My 74 fj40 needs allot of rust replacement.

·
Registered
650 Posts
It's a point but I belive the first to order at a dealership is the fist to get the FJ. I belive delivery will be very low at fisrt and only couple of FJ will be availeble for each dealer.

You must understand, I'm in the wrong side of the sea but I buy the fisrt FJ to the dealer...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Toy in Puyallup is where I buy all my cars. Four of my last five Yotas from John Martinez. I like this guy because he doesn't give me any BS. I tell him what I can give and he shows me what he's got, what he can get, or how we can make it work. He's perfectly happy to show me models below, or what it takes to step up for comparison. No, "let me talk to my manager and see what he says (lets-take-all-day) wear the buyer down back and forth nonsense."

I put my 500 down today, but I'm #16 in line and might be waiting until August now. He won't cash the check and if I don't like my order I get it all back.

(If you go there tell him Brady sent you cuz then I get a birddog!)

·
Registered
635 Posts
That'd be great for me. According to the site here and what the dealership has told me, dealerships will be sent around three per month to start, BUT, depending on how quickly they move them that number will go up as a reward.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I picked mine up, silver,loaded,a/t with $500 non-refundable,last week, and only waited three weeks for it-Rodland Toyota Everett. Treated me right,but did pay msrp for it. Iam HAPPY HAPPY.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
OK..... Who has the Sun Fusion FJ and driving around the old Buffalo Farm area of Mill Creek/Everett??? I have seen you like 3 times around 132nd and Seattle Hill Road.....

BTW nice rig!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
chewey46 said:
OK..... Who has the Sun Fusion FJ and driving around the old Buffalo Farm area of Mill Creek/Everett??? I have seen you like 3 times around 132nd and Seattle Hill Road.....
BTW nice rig!!!!!
That'd be a Dan from Gold Creek Church over off of Seattle Hill rd. (He's a fishing/hunting nut). It is a AT that came from Rodland. MSRP. I don't think he even sat on a list at all.

He was over at my house on Weds. dropping off some stuff (and to rub in the fact I didn't have one).

I went back in the house and got a call to pick mine up.. So. I have a silver mt with up2.

Evidently there is also 2 or 3 silvers over in Highland's east.

·
Registered
455 Posts
tblopa said:
Hmm...well, Burien told me that the vehicle would not be sold at an adjusted market price. I put a $1,000 deposit down & it is 100% refundable. I am still checkin out other dealers & trying to get a feel for who's serious & knows what they are talking about. At the time (1 month or so ago) Burien was the only one around here taking deposits so I just did it.
I waited the six weeks lie at Burien and got my money coming back--there was no rig even on their "radar".
I am going to wait till next yrs model and stuff a few more bucks at my other cars and Suburban
I m thinking we are stupid giving any dealer money in advance and thereby fueling the "paying full list" pipeload.
If they can sell you a rig they will---deposit or none.
I guess this way they have you more "commited", but not them, and they collect interest on our money.
I always see 1-2 down at Bob Bridge in Renton.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts