Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just had a great conversation with Fixxer earlier today. Basically, I'm coming down to Oahu for a vacation, after a week on Kona for my wife's Half Ironman. We'll be looking for property on Oahu because we plan to move within a year.

Anyways, Fixxer had recommended that I post on here and try to get a Meet & Greet setup. I think that would totally make my trip. Maybe a run on the flats, or even a quick jaunt to K point.

I've been to Oahu more times then I can count, moving there is a no brainer.

Let me know what you all think.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe I'll bring some Salmon, Halibut, Moose/Caribou/bear meat.... Have a BBQ. I'll bring a taste of Alaska to the rainbow state. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happy Easter. And bump for hopeful responses... :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well over 100 views and I've been the only one to respond.

Update: We have 2 locals and myself meeting up. Most likely going to go wheelin' as well. If any other locals want to join us, post on here, or send me a PM.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Matt,

Not too many FJ'ers from Oahu post up here. (not that I know of, anyways)
Your best bet is to post up on the Aloha FJC site.
Pretty slow all around over here as it pertains to motivated FJC owners who want to wheel. We need more people to fill in the ranks!

The Aloha FJC site gets a lot of people who maybe post once or twice, then disappear, never to be heard from again. We also get a fair share of people who say they want to go out and get dirty, yet never show up when we do a run. Hopefully we can turn things around.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm ready to fill in a rank. Good things are currently in the works. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2 more weeks... Can't wait for the sun

·
Registered
379 Posts
Matt,

A tentative get-together is being planned for June 11th. Meet up in the morning, down a few coffees, then cruise down to Kaena for some sightseeing.
Check the Aloha FJC site for details/updates. Looking forward to meeting up.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Matt,

A tentative get-together is being planned for June 11th. Meet up in the morning, down a few coffees, then cruise down to Kaena for some sightseeing.
Check the Aloha FJC site for details/updates. Looking forward to meeting up.
Sounds good Steve. I'll give you a call tomorrow. I'm headed to Oahu today and my wife had bought us a couples massage at the Outrigger in Waikiki.

Matt

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Damn, had I seen this thread earlier....... but alas, I moved to Maui couple of years ago and would of had a blast to fly over and rent me a Jeep.:bandit: It's been a while since I last wheeled with the guys from Oahu.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Howzit Jeff,

During the days of the SuperFerry, we were planning a trip to Maui for a little sight-seeing/wheeling trip. However, we all know where that venture wound up.
At any rate, it would've been good to see you again. We wound up taking a stroll through Kaena because the Flats is currently closed to vehicular traffic.
This is due to the recent increase in threat level to all military installations across the state.
Take care over there.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead.

It's been about a year to date since this run happened, and I still haven't heard anything from Matt. Hope you're ok out there in the cold, bro.

I check in occasionally to the Aloha FJC site, but it's pretty much a ghost town over there. Anyhow, hope everything is well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts