Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here she is, fresh from the two hour drive up I-5 from Roseville:

The dealer & I had discussed this vehicle prior to my arrival (the night before) and it supposed to have CQ UR GY CF. When I got down there, we "discovered" they had stealth bolted these step rails on in the meantime (and as such the price had gone up of course). I asked they be removed to satisfy the original price and they weren't too keen on that idea. So I very politely turned down the offer and was literally half way back out to my car when they stopped me and agreed to lave them on at no charge :roller: So needless to say I'm quite pleased with the outcome - 500 over invoice! And I think the step rails actually look kinda cool, I think I'll keep them after all :bandit:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Nice pics! You are going to love the FJ. With a squirrelly dealer like that, I would have removed the advertising plates as soon as the deal was closed and I before I drove off the lot.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I would have removed the step rails.

All it takes is a dude with a wrench to get off of his ass.
Nice buy! Where you live at?

I invite you to take it offroad someday...TTORA does lotsa wheeling in the Sierra.

I really wanna see what these 'step bars' do when they encounter a rock or two....I am curious about how thick and burly these 'step bars' are. How many licks will it take??? Reminds me of the Tootsie roll commercial...Lets get to the center of those 'step bars'...

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Nice buy! Where you live at?

I invite you to take it offroad someday...TTORA does lotsa wheeling in the Sierra.

I really wanna see what these 'step bars' do when they encounter a rock or two....I am curious about how thick and burly these 'step bars' are. How many licks will it take??? Reminds me of the Tootsie roll commercial...Lets get to the center of those 'step bars'...
They're not sliders, instead they'll just get hung up on rocks--or break/bend into the body of the truck.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would have removed the step rails.

All it takes is a dude with a wrench to get off of his ass.
Me too, if I were the dealer. I thought for sure they would agree to unbolt them for me. For whatever reason, they'd rather give them away. I guess that speaks to their actual cost to the dealer. Invoice on them was supposedly 559 but I dunno what brand they are or how much they're worth (anyone know? I'm curious what they're actually worth).

Well, dealers will be dealers. I don't feel too bad about my experience at all, I got what I wanted at the price I wanted so I'm reasonably stoked! :sunny:

·
Registered
644 Posts
They're not sliders, instead they'll just get hung up on rocks--or break/bend into the body of the truck.

I know....But I wanna SEE it happen...and I really DO wonder how 'burly' they are.

My two cents...ditch those step bars on Ebay, and buy some sliders....or keep them, and enjoy the pavement.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exactly. Ebay those things to a poser somewhere and put that money towards some aftermarket rock rails. :)
But I AM that poser! :ninja:

Ah don't worry I'll be taking it off road / camping and stuff I'm just not at the bend your **** on rocks scene yet :p They'll work for the time being (me and my wife are shorties).

They're reasonably sturdy but I kinda doubt they'd survive the weight of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Welcome to the owners side of the pool. Not surprised the dealer added something to your rig, Toyota had already added $4,000 worth to every one I tried to get. I finally talked my dealer into ordering me one. It came just as ordered.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Sounds like you got exactly what you wanted and at a GREAT price. Welcome "aboard" and thanks again for the pics. :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hey emachine, where are you located? You said 2 hour drive from Roseville? That sounds like some place near where I live...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nice,
I can only amigane what the dealers were thinking as you walked away.
Well done my friend! Enjoy the the new ride like the rest of uf fanatics.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts