Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Obsessed Newbie w/'08 FJ

1K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  lgrt 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!:wave:

New dude here, I picked up a '08 a little over a week ago. I lost my Tacoma 4x4 to a corroded frame :mecry:. I'd never given the FJ more than a passing look until I stumbled across this site...I've visited every day since! Thanks to this site, I’m hopelessly obsessed. This is my forth 4x4 and all I can say is "this is the most bad ass vehicle I've ever owned." :rocker:

I'm in the military and love off-roading. Unfortunately all of my co-workers think I've gone crazy and my wife is sick of hearing about all the "money [I'm] going to waist" :cheers: on my new "car" :rofl:.

At any rate, I can't wait to explore the potential of my FJ and start adding all these sweet mods!

#2 ·
Welcome and congratz on your FJ!!

#4 ·
Welcome fellow sun fusion! Check out some builds and get a few ideas on what you want to do as far as setting it up. And yes, get ready to drop a little coin on getting it set up.... But it does great as is:)

#5 ·
Welcome aboard!

#6 ·
Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to the Forums!
The FJ does become an addiction. Enjoy it.

:cheers:

#7 ·
Thanks! IMO Sun Fusion is the best color out there.:cheers:

My little-Bro keeps referring to it as the "short bus"...and that's fine with me (since I should've been on it back in High School anyway :jester:). I was torn between this one and an '07 Titanium Metallic w/30K miles. In the end I couldn't resist the Fusion. I'm prepping for my first mod now...the idea is stressing my wife like mad...she'll have to adjust!:bangin:

#12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the advise, but we're originally from the desert of SoCal, I used to take her (the future wife) wheeling (baja'n as we called it) every weekend when we were dating. She loved it, but it's been 17 yrs and three 4x4s later, now she just rolls her eyes and says "here you go again." Don't get me wrong, she still likes wheeling, she just thinks the money would be better spent on something called "our children's education" ?? :confused:...not sure what this is or how it will improve my FJ...I'm too distracted with mods to put any thought into it.:cheers:

#14 ·
Sure would be for me! :clap:
My wife isn't mean or hateful about it, she's just what I call "overly" practical :bangin:. She balances me well...if it wasn't for her, I'd spend my whole check on this here FJ.
Cali, miss it a great deal, I was just out there on business a few weeks ago...no time for anything but work, not even a local food run! I would’ve killed :ninja:for some In-N-Out or Del Taco:mecry:.

:cheers:

#15 ·
^^^ hahaha, I do take the grub for granted. I've actually never done any modding to any vehicle during the almost 14 years we've been together. I just installed my demello single hoop front bumper and she says, "It looks awesome, but definitely needs the rear one now."

#16 ·
You're indeed a lucky man. My bride would say, "now, why do you need that?" :flame: or maybe..."how much does that thing cost?" :flame: or mabe... "when will you have time to use this?"... :flame: or mabe... "blah, blah, blah, and grow up...blah, blah, blah" :rofl:
But I do love her dearly! :cheers:

#18 ·
I may have found a mod my wife will support. I ran to Ikea to pick up some furniture and had to strap the boxes to the stock roof rack... the wife actually said, “man, that looks a little unsafe, you thought about getting something a little stronger?...I really think you should”…WOW! :devil: Once I get my overhead mod installed I’ll be moving to the roof rack.

Need some help with this guys: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...ch/130053-honda-odyssey-overhead-console.html
Please hook a newbie up! :cheers:

#20 ·
Congrats on the rig and welcome to the gang.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.