Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Since there has been discussion about members wanting an OBX run, I decided to put one together.

We will meet at Wawa at 0900 on 4 June 2011. Then we will head down to Oregon Inlet. If you can not make it to the Wawa then we will meet you at the 7-Eleven in Oregon Inlet at 1030.

WaWa Address:
101 Hillcrest Parkway
Chesapeake, VA 23322
(757) 432-1900

7-Eleven Address:
7315 S Virginia Dare Trl
Nags Head, NC 27959-9131
(252) 441-4675

If you are interested in the run, post up with the words "I'm in & location you are meeting at" or send me a PM and I will add you to the list.

Members attending:
1. akoda (7-eleven)
2. Ikn4drt (wawa)
3. davidnmnhorne
4. HUGO STIGLITZ
5. 2011IcebergTRD
6. Totald (meeting in the middle)

If you have other suggestions on locations please let me know.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I am in... if just a day run I would suggest Corolla. Maybe we can all meet at Wawa off Edinburgh/Hillcrest off ramp... fill up and get any goodies needed.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in... if just a day run I would suggest Corolla. Maybe we can all meet at Wawa off Edinburgh/Hillcrest off ramp... fill up and get any goodies needed.
I am good with the day trip, since my 11 month old boy will accompany my wife and me. What exactly does everyone do with there rigs on the beach?

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I am good with the day trip, since my 11 month old boy will accompany my wife and me. What exactly does everyone do with there rigs on the beach?
Honestly last couple times my wife and I have gone we just drove up and down the beach... then parked and enjoyed the sun and surf.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have never done a social run with a group of people that I don't know but OBX sounds like great fun.. My wife and I do OBX a few times a year. The 4-wheel drive access area all the way up past corolla where the wild horses run. We were there two weeks ago and had fun. I still like the Avon beach beach best because the beach is not so flat. The only problem is Avon is a long drive and if you make it to Avon may as well go to okacoke.

I look at the schedule and plan to make it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never done a social run with a group of people that I don't know but OBX sounds like great fun.. My wife and I do OBX a few times a year. The 4-wheel drive access area all the way up past corolla where the wild horses run. We were there two weeks ago and had fun. I still like the Avon beach beach best because the beach is not so flat. The only problem is Avon is a long drive and if you make it to Avon may as well go to okacoke.

I look at the schedule and plan to make it.
That is what I didn't want, was a flat drive that gets boring after and hour or so.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'll check my schedule and may be in for this run. It's right in the middle of striper season though so if the wind isn't blowing I will probably be on the boat.

It's been a while since I've been down there, but there where a bunch of trails in Corolla off the beach. If someone knows there way around that may make things a little more interesting.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll check my schedule and may be in for this run. It's right in the middle of striper season though so if the wind isn't blowing I will probably be on the boat.

It's been a while since I've been down there, but there where a bunch of trails in Corolla off the beach. If someone knows there way around that may make things a little more interesting.
I hope someone knows about these trails

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Sounds like fun! Man, I'm jealous...

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
The OBX will be a busy place starting end of this month FYI,

Im in!

At the very least it will be a meet-n-greet and a chance to meet each other. I have a young one too, so a day run will work plus my schedule sucks.

My friend owns a place down there, let me figure out a few things and will try to come up with a plan for us all to meet up or what beach we will hit.

Sounds like fun!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Man, I wish I could go with everyone! I grew up in VA and my buddies and I used to drive down to OBX all the time. This was 20 years ago -- we'd ride the beaches for miles and not see anyone. At the time red drum fishing was big, now I understand the stripers are back. We would sleep on the beach, in the trucks, or usually not at all. FL is home now, but you guys really have it made! When my boys get a little older I think we'll make a trip -- they're used to flat, sugar sand beaches with no waves and bathtub warm water.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hey all,
I wish I could make this, but my schedule is unforgiving during June. I'm hoping to make it down there later in the season, though, so I have a request: Could someone take a GPS that can save and export the path of the offroading in .KML format? We might even want to start a library of KML's for all of the trail runs? (FYI, .KML's open with Google Earth and show the path the GPS has taken.)

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Man, I wish I could go with everyone! I grew up in VA and my buddies and I used to drive down to OBX all the time. This was 20 years ago -- we'd ride the beaches for miles and not see anyone. At the time red drum fishing was big, now I understand the stripers are back. We would sleep on the beach, in the trucks, or usually not at all. FL is home now, but you guys really have it made! When my boys get a little older I think we'll make a trip -- they're used to flat, sugar sand beaches with no waves and bathtub warm water.
Let us know when you can make it back here, it would be great to meet you and your family!

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Hey all,
I wish I could make this, but my schedule is unforgiving during June. I'm hoping to make it down there later in the season, though, so I have a request: Could someone take a GPS that can save and export the path of the offroading in .KML format? We might even want to start a library of KML's for all of the trail runs? (FYI, .KML's open with Google Earth and show the path the GPS has taken.)
Good point!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey all,
Will do and there is someone already on here that creates the tracks out of KMLs. So all we would need to do is get him the info.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
June 4th, Oregon inlet.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Steve.. sounds good to me... do we want to meet up somewhere and roll down together... I suggested Wawa off 168 and Hillcrest... what do you think.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts