Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in an OBX run this summer?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yeah!! My wife and I rented a house in Nags Head. Aug. 16th -> Aug. 23ed We will be taking my FJ to the 4X4 beach a few time. I'm excited to go. I was there last year, when I had stock lift and tires. Now, different story lifted on BFG KM2s.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Nice! Lets try and hook up for a little wheeling.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, we'll be down there the 16th through the 23rd of August as well. Would like to meet up at least once or twice for some beach runs. The whole family will be there so once or twice is all I'll be able to get in. Keep me posted.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
We're headed down to Myrtle/Surfside Beach August 16th through the 23rd. Might be able to hook up with you fellas if I bring the FJ down from CT. At this point i'm wondering how to fit the family and all the gear on my motorcycle, gas is going to cost a pretty penny come vacation time.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The 4x4 beach is north of Corolla and it is open. My family is going to visit to, so one or two runs is all I can do also. Lets definitely do a meet and greet with some wheeling. I have been there a bunch, I actually got married there, so I know a where almost everything is.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
My wife and I just got back from our Spring run to Carova, north of Corolla. We are booked for a fall trip the end of October. We have been talking to some that may be OBX 5? or is it 6? Been on every one each one has been a good time.

Mike

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looking at my current schedule the East Coast Trail Team will be in the OBX on August 9th and 10th. I along with the Central Team will be in Tellico for the Over the Mountain Tour on the same weekend. I might see if I can switch it up with another Trail Team member.

I had such a great time fishing and meeting great people last year that I will be taking my personal FJ over that way probably late fall. Right now my surf rods and casting nets are getting dusty in my garage in Colorado. That needs to change.

That is all the info I have at the moment.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Looking at my current schedule the East Coast Trail Team will be in the OBX on August 9th and 10th. I along with the Central Team will be in Tellico for the Over the Mountain Tour on the same weekend. I might see if I can switch it up with another Trail Team member.

I had such a great time fishing and meeting great people last year that I will be taking my personal FJ over that way probably late fall. Right now my surf rods and casting nets are getting dusty in my garage in Colorado. That needs to change.

That is all the info I have at the moment.
I would have liked to be there for the Trail Team in August but I will be going to the TTORA event in Harlan, KY. I hope to see you at OBX in November and maybe we can find some big reds out on the point. Elizabeth Dole has sponsored a bill in congress to cancel the beach agreement ordered by the judge and go back to the previous NPS arrangement. This will open up more of the beach and still protect the turtle eggs by only roping off the nesting area and when the Plovers are nesting only that area will be off limits.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Al,

Our fall trip is Oct. 25th to Nov.1st and we will be staying in Hatteras.

Mike

I would have liked to be there for the Trail Team in August but I will be going to the TTORA event in Harlan, KY. I hope to see you at OBX in November and maybe we can find some big reds out on the point. Elizabeth Dole has sponsored a bill in congress to cancel the beach agreement ordered by the judge and go back to the previous NPS arrangement. This will open up more of the beach and still protect the turtle eggs by only roping off the nesting area and when the Plovers are nesting only that area will be off limits.

·
Registered
292 Posts
We will be in Nags Head and running all the beaches oct 12th thru 19th. So far it will be me in my 07 SE and Brandon in the 08 SE. I would love to go down another time as well, just have to see how the $$$$ come to pass.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Seems we always just miss each other.

We will be in Nags Head and running all the beaches oct 12th thru 19th. So far it will be me in my 07 SE and Brandon in the 08 SE. I would love to go down another time as well, just have to see how the $$$$ come to pass.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts