Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from OBX and thought I'd update on whats open to drive on.

Oregon inlet is open but you can't go around to the sound side of the inlet. you can also get stuck by the tide/ high seas on the north side.

south toward salvo is open to beach travel as well.

to the north where hwy 12 ends and beach begins is still open though you can't drive all the way to the virgina border anymore. you have to stop just past carova. this was the most fun area to drive in for me. we saw wild horses among the dunes and had alot of fun trying the fj.

I had to come to work today but hope to get a few pics up this week.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
cool! how was the traffic up at OBX? i know it can slow to a crawl up on the north end on a summer weekend. also, you weren't around the raleigh area a couple weeks ago were you? we were traveling down to Carolina Beach a couple weeks ago and I saw a nicely equiped Sandstorm with a trailer going westbound on I-40.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
traffic to the north wasn't too bad but its never good. Its much easier to head south but you can't get in the dunes there and I had to try it.

I was in raleigh on I-40. I was headed to the western part of virginia on a paddling and camping trip. noticed a few FJ's while riding probably saw you.:wave:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts