Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to Survivorman and we were discussing a Ocala National Forest run on July 12 or July 13 (1 day trip). I have not been there before, but I have maps and GPS locations of the trails. I am told it is not bad there and stock FJ's will be fine (but who's FJ is really stock anymore...LOL). Also mud will be encountered, along with possibility of "pin stripes."

Post up if your interested.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I live in Orlando, and i would have an intrest in going. Just got my FJ trail team edition a couple weeks ago and never done anything to serious in it yet.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Ocala is a decent place to wheel depending of what type of terrain intrests you. I found no real challenging area's other than sugar sand that would swallow a ant Lion! The secondary trails will pinstripe your paint to the primer. If you own a Quad or Dirt bike it would be a better way to see the place! I'm no trail guide by all means, but I've driven all over and what I like is the camping and all the springs to swim and cool off in! If somebody out their can ring in with some secret trails with more than described above I may go!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I am game on getting the FJ dirty....if ocala is not a good spot by all means I in for where ever is more fun.....I can do without the pinstripes though LOL

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have been to ONF a few times and would be glad to go along for another day trip. My recommendations are that we hit the Baptist Lake loop and then go up to Blue Sink. I will post up some directions to both, but here is another forum discussing them - the Florida 4 Wheel Drive Association.

FL4WDA Discussion Forum - Baptist Lake (and Blue Sink)

·
Registered
325 Posts
So who is still up for some mud and pinstripes this weekend? Saturday or Sunday? What area of Ocala interests people the most? I still vote for Baptist Lake / Blue Sink areas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts