Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I mentioned at the M&G that I was going to Oceano Dunes in July and was told by some of our fellow members to post it up now so that there is time to reserve campsites before they run out! It is getting to be that time of the year again. Riding season in SoCal is coming to an end to be replaced by summer time heat and that means July is Oceano Dunes time! Some friends and I will be doing our 2nd Annual Oceano Dunes Run starting on Friday July 11th and staying until Sunday July 13th. I am reserving campsites for anyone willing to pay me in advance otherwise you may reserve the sites your self at: Find Campgrounds - ReserveAmerica. The current cost is $27.50 per site for the whole weekend. Reserving 1 site entitles you up to 8 people but only 1 vehicle that you drive there and how ever many (quads, bikes, rails, etc) that you tow in with you. Last year we brought more vehicles than allowed and weren't bothered, but the rangers may be enforcing this rule this year so if you come with us but do not reserve a site it is at your own risk and/or stupidity, lol. They do not allow you to park in the parking lot outside of the park, they WILL tow your "G-Ride" away. Also this is a BYOB (bring your own booze), BYOF (bring your own food), and BYOP2S (bring your own place to sleep) unless arranged with someone else. If you wanna go but do not want to drive, then talk to someone who is, and make the necessary arrangements. I hope that some of you can go, we had a blast last time! Just let me know if you have any questions. Tom :cheers:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
OK so who else is down for this???? Me and the wife are looking into going.. Sounds like a blast.. Not sure about the camping cuz last time we just camped on the beach.. But there were camp grounds off the beach at the upper end. Pismo is a blast..

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Tom, it's on the calender. Keep the thread up. Introduce the place a bit in case there are people who have never been there. Pictures are nice too.

·
Registered
834 Posts
you know one of these days im going to have to do some wheeling like that.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
My reservation is for two nights camping (7/11-7/12).

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
There's a thread on here from the NorCal folks for the same weekend! Want to merge the threads or is there gonna be a rumble? ;)

M

·
Registered
742 Posts
im down

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
aww boo im going the weekend of july 18-20 guess ill just miss you guys

·
Registered
742 Posts
OK so when we go to the site 2 reserve, type in "OCEANO DUNES SVRA, CA" and thats it? then get the specified days

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
OK so when we go to the site 2 reserve, type in "OCEANO DUNES SVRA, CA" and thats it? then get the specified days
Pretty much. Just make sure you get that campground. Otherwise, you'll reserve the sand.

Here's a hint: drive all the way to the northern area of the camp then toward the east. You can get a lagoon-front campsite all along that edge of the campground. That means you'll not only have no one walking through your site, you'll go to sleep and wake up on the water. There are little birds all over the place there.

And the water has a thin layer of fog on it in the mornings.

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
There's a thread on here from the NorCal folks for the same weekend! Want to merge the threads or is there gonna be a rumble? ;)

M

Norcal-vs-Socal rumble. Good thinking Mo:rofl:

·
Registered
194 Posts
man, I have a view of the dunes from my house, a year pass for the dunes, and I never go. lol. Maybe I should go more often. I did get a couple of scares in the dunes so I've been staying out of there lol

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Pretty much. Just make sure you get that campground. Otherwise, you'll reserve the sand.

Here's a hint: drive all the way to the northern area of the camp then toward the east. You can get a lagoon-front campsite all along that edge of the campground. That means you'll not only have no one walking through your site, you'll go to sleep and wake up on the water. There are little birds all over the place there.

And the water has a thin layer of fog on it in the mornings.
Ok I have only been to Pismo once and I camped on the sand.. I am just curiouse if there is another park off the sand that your talking about??? I have been looking at the reserve site and I am not sure where the "off sand "camping is.... would be nice to keep some sand out of my rear end.. Not the trucks, MINE !!:lol:

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Ok I have only been to Pismo once and I camped on the sand.. I am just curiouse if there is another park off the sand that your talking about??? I have been looking at the reserve site and I am not sure where the "off sand "camping is.... would be nice to keep some sand out of my rear end.. Not the trucks, MINE !!:lol:
Yes, there is a really nice campground called Pismo Beach State Park. It's on one of the roads that leads to the beach so you won't have to fight any traffic. There is a little market and a few restaurants right there, too.
If you want to go into town, it's just a 5-minute drive north.

You camp on grass and there's a beautiful lagoon right next to a bunch of the camp sites.

A weekend will run you just under $50 for two nights. It's worth it. :)

https://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/map_of_Pismo_Sb/r/campgroundMap.do?page=map&contractCode=CA&parkId=120070&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

This is the campground map.
Here is the website link: Campgrounds and Camping Reservations - ReserveAmerica.

M

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Cool thanks for the info !! This will help me keep the sand out
Of.....? :lol:

You're welcome! Wish I could join you.
M

·
Registered
194 Posts
ROTFL...so I saw a few modded FJ's on the beach today and I thought you guys were here already.. but it's July, not June haha. I came up to a guy in a brick red at the gas station and asked him if he was from the forums. Turned out he was but had nothing to do w/ this thread lol.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts