Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a 2007 Voodoo Blue FJ, but traded it for a Tacoma in 2010. Regretted it from day one, now I'm back with a 2013 Cavalry Blue FJ and I love it!

Update 2014-07-05: Summer wheels & tires on

Modification List:
- Moved DRL's to the Turn Signals with a Daniel Stern DRL-1 kit
- Pure FJ Cruiser Rock Rails painted Anthracite
- ARB Winch Bumper
- OME HD Lift Kit
- Titan 12k Winch
- URD Quick Shift
- Tuffy Roof Rack Light Mount
- 260W Cree Bar (26x 10w Cree LEDs)
- Hella 4000 HID Pencil Beams
- 16" Tacoma wheels painted Anthracite for my summer tires
- Wet Okole seat covers
- Rostra heated seat kit

I also have some Vision X 4" LED lights for the cowl mount brackets that I need to get on there. Going to order some rear fog lights in the near future and then that should be it for mods for the short term.

Video of my DRL kit and new 260w Cree LED bar:

Some photos throughout my travels:

16" Tacoma wheels after painting Anthracite. Will be getting 255/85R16 BFG KM2's for them this summer. Rocking 285/70R17 Toyo WLT-1's for my winter tires.

Pure FJ Sliders after painting Anthracite:

Cree 260 watt LED bar:

Rear Fog Lights:

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Great looking FJ!

·
Premium Member
17,116 Posts
Nice looking FJC! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Added some more photos

·
Registered
314 Posts
sliders look great

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,991 Posts
Nice. How does the DRL-1 kit splice in? Under the dash? I see it has IGN and park wires on it...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice. How does the DRL-1 kit splice in? Under the dash? I see it has IGN and park wires on it...
In the engine bay. I made my own custom harness that plugs in between the turn signal bulbs and the connector. I used an add a fuse in the engine bay fuse block to tap the DRL feed and used that as my "Ignition" feed for the DRL module. I posted some info about it here:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/lighting/226777-drl-1-daytime-running-lamp-module.html

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,991 Posts
Ah very cool. Many thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Interesting, we have similar experiences! We had an 07 Voodoo Blue and traded it in on a 2013 Cavalry Blue last month! I took off everything but the lift and UCAs and am moving it all over to the new ride. I doubt my build will be quite as extensive as yours; looking good!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone for the kudos! Glad I'm not the only one to go through FJs.

Really really nice! Any pics of the install? What switch from Rostra and what kit did you go with? I may just want to do this as well. Where did you buy the stuff from?

TIA
It's a rostra heated seat kit I got off eBay, $90 per side. I'll get the model number when I get home from Xmas holidays. I have more photos of the install at home too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 29 Posts