Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

OCR14a & JammerGirl's Western Slope, Ouray and 2010 FJ Summit Vacation Photos

8K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  OCR14a 
#1 · (Edited)
I will use this thread to keep track of the links to my threads and pages on my personal website for photos, etc from this trip.

I don't have all of the photos uploaded quite yet, but I will be continuing to work on it, and hope to get them all up this week. :)

I'm putting placeholders here for all of the days of our trip, and will turn them into hyperlinks as I upload them to my site.
These are not all off-roading pics. Nor are they all meant to be great photos; they're just images from our trip.

There are three different kinds of links in this list...
Full Archive: this is just a zip file of all of my photos from this day of the trip
my site: this is the link to my page about this day of our trip
forum thread: this is a link to the thread I created on this forum for this day of our trip

Enjoy...

Friday, 16th - Getting to Ouray
...my site
Saturday, 17th - Yankee Boy Basin
...my site
Sunday, 18th - Coal Bank, Engineer Mt., Silverton, Red Mt., Ouray
...my site
Monday, 19th - Mountain Meadow Above Ouray
...my site
Tuesday, 20th - Engineer Pass, Uncomphagre Pk., Gunnison & Crested Butte
...Full Archive (huge zip file)
...my site
...forum thread
Wednesday, 21st - Yankee Boy Basin
...my site
...forum thread
Thursday, 22nd - Poughkeepsie Gulch
...my site
...forum thread
Friday, 23rd - Volunteer Trailwork
...my site
...forum thread
Saturday, 24th - Imogene Pass
...my site
...forum thread
Sunday, 25th - Saying Good bye and Heading Home
...my site
...forum thread

As I upload each date, I will reply to this page so that anyone subscribed gets notified.

See less See more
#3 ·
Indeed.
Nice to get to hang out with you for a while this time.
Now I see what I have to do to get hang-out time with people :lol:

on the thread....remember...

I don't have any photos uploaded quite yet, but I will be working on it today, and hope to get them all up before I go to sleep tonight. :)

#4 ·
OK, I didn't even get close.
I've been working on it all day long, and the best I can say is that I got it down from 1,257 photos to just 464 (and that's after two rounds of picking out the best shots).

My next task will be to get it down one step further.
Then, I will have to resize them to be un-ridiculously-sized for normal webpage display.
Then I will upload them.
Then I will add comments to try to make sense of it all.

Before all of that though, tomorrow evening, before I do anything else, I will upload compressed archives containing all of the raw photos from all of the days of this trip. That way, if you just want to get in there and take out whatever you may be interested in, it's all yours.

I will post back here once I have those archives uploaded tomorrow evening after work.

#5 ·
You get one more day before I give you an infraction for spam and delete this thread!! :)

#6 ·
^^^^^
:lol::lol::lol::cheers:

#8 ·
...I suck at computer stuff!
Not me....I'm pretty much the opposite of that description.
However, where I suck is in the area of owning my own life :lol: gotta sleep and work.....otherwise, I'd have had this all done by now.

As stated above, I'll at least be uploading the bulk photo archives tonight

#9 ·
OK, I got the archives uploaded for our days at the Summit.
Check the OP for the hyperlinks.

Remember, some of these days had over 200 photos, and I didn't cut out many before zipping and uploading them. So, they are very large files.

I will work on my actual website pages (with commentary, etc) tomorrow and the next day to hopefully get everything done over the next couple days.

#10 ·
I got our photos from Tuesday, the 20th uploaded (Uncomphagre Peak hike, Curecanti NRA, Gunnison, Crested Butte, etc)

LINK

more to come soon

#11 · (Edited)
This morning I uploaded my photos from our trek up to Yankee Boy Basin with WILSON and others on Wednesday afternoon

LINK

more still to come

#13 ·
Nice photos Steven. Now if it didn't take me 20 min to download each set....
:lol: :rofl:

Ya, I know :lol: .....if you download the full archives, some of them are over 200MB, but I figured people might rather just get the whole batch instead of waiting for me to get my choices uploaded to my website in commentary format. :bigthumb:

#14 ·
This morning I uploaded my photos from our 7:30 Thursday Poughkeepsie Gulch trail run with FJinCO, colorado mainiac and QuicksilverFJ

LINK

more still to come

#15 ·
This morning I uploaded my photos from the Volunteer Trail Work event on Friday with some other Summiteers, Stay the Trail and the National Forest Service.

LINK

more still to come

#16 ·
This morning I uploaded my photos from the Saturday, 7:30 Imogene run.

LINK

more still to come

#17 ·
This morning I uploaded my photos from the Sunday morning Group Photo Event, as well as from our caravan back to the Front Range.

LINK

more still to come (I will now ove on to work on the stuff from the portion of our trip that happened before the official days of the Sumit)

#18 ·
This morning I finished uploading my photos from all of the days of this trip prior to the Summit. So, that's it for the photos.

LINK

In the days to follow, I will look back through everything and see where I can add any videos to the mix.

#19 ·
Hey there fellow Sandstormer!!

Thanks for the mini-vay-cay !!
Fun photos and great scenery!
Hope to be there next year!
Say hey to your better half!!!

Jen

#21 ·
Hi, Jen.
JammerGirl and I missed you guys in Ouray this year. So, hopefully you will indeed get to come out again next time. ....Oh and try to bring Father & Mother Komombo with you too :clap:

I was on the 7:30 Imogene with you. Great job, really enjoyed that run. Thanks for the pic's.
Cool! Ya, we really enjoyed the day with you guys out there too....what a blast. I mean, of course I could imagine how a day could be better.....but that'd be a lot of crazy imagining there :lol: friends, FJs, mountains, everything, wow.

I'm glad you had a good time too.
Here's to seeing you out there again next year. :cheers:

#22 ·
Steven,
great photos....ALMOST as good as being there!

#24 ·
I know what you mean.
Hey, I'm thinkin maybe Tuesday after work this coming week for :cheers:
....you in?

Great job on the photos. I've been glued to the computer over 2 hours reading and admiring your pictures. Looks like great fun by all. Hope to be there someday.
Thanks. I'm glad you enjoy them.
Maybe we'll get to see your sweet lookin Sun Fusion out here next year. :wave:

#23 ·
Great job on the photos. I've been glued to the computer over 2 hours reading and admiring your pictures. Looks like great fun by all. Hope to be there someday.

#25 ·
OCR14a

I can do that!

#26 · (Edited)
^^^^
Doh! :p
I have another meeting I have to go to after work on Tuesday that I forgot about.
I just e-mailed you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.