Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an OCS Bypass Module. Looks like people have purchased these from Metal Tech in the past but they currently aren’t available without an estimate on when/if they ever will be again.

PM me if you have one!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sucks they haven't had these for quite awhile. Good luck.
Right? I haven’t found any alternative solutions to enabling the air bag system and keeping the airbag light off on the instrument cluster. I’m only switching the driver seat but would still like to keep myself and occasional passengers safe.

·
Premium Member
7,882 Posts
The sensor is only in the passenger seat. So you should actually be ok? I was thinking about just switching the driver seat for now. I have 2 PRP's.

The other option I have heard of a number of people doing is pulling the sensor out of the stock passenger seat and tricking it by bolting it down so there is pressure on it and the dash light is off.

The Metaltech sensor is probably the best route though.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
@PNWFJC You pull the driverside hall effect sensor from the stock driver's seat and plug it in/ziptie it away. For the airbag, you would just leave everything plugged in. I'm not sure how the hall effect sensor may effect air bag deployment. I might be off but the sensor factors the distance from the steering wheel on your stock seat rail based on position.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my PRP seat in. Driver side only and won’t be swapping the passenger seat. The only thing left hanging and unplugged is the yellow airbag connector. Obviously, this keeps the airbag light lit on the dash. Hoping to run to the hardware/electronics store to get an resistor to fool the system to keep that light off.

Can anyone confirm what ohm resistor is required to do this successfully?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A little more forum digging and I found some have used a 2.2ohm 2watt resistor. Successfully? Who knows, but I ordered a few and we’ll see how it goes.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Here are my findings: WTB: Metal Tech OCS Module 2.0 right now i just have the sensor clamped down and have the seat belt latched even no passenger is present.

Somewhere deep in the yaris forum, CTScott said these sensor send out a wave signal to notify the computer that the seat is occupy

I found an alternative solution - I have yet to do it for my frs seats because of the pandemic.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Driver seat taken care of with a $.10 resistor but still looking for these modules to eventually swap out the passengers seat. Tried messaging the developer on the Yaris forum but no response..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts