Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

OCS Bypass Module

8K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  jk517 
#1 ·
Looking for an OCS Bypass Module. Looks like people have purchased these from Metal Tech in the past but they currently aren’t available without an estimate on when/if they ever will be again.

PM me if you have one!

#3 ·
Right? I haven’t found any alternative solutions to enabling the air bag system and keeping the airbag light off on the instrument cluster. I’m only switching the driver seat but would still like to keep myself and occasional passengers safe.

#4 ·
The sensor is only in the passenger seat. So you should actually be ok? I was thinking about just switching the driver seat for now. I have 2 PRP's.

The other option I have heard of a number of people doing is pulling the sensor out of the stock passenger seat and tricking it by bolting it down so there is pressure on it and the dash light is off.

The Metaltech sensor is probably the best route though.

#5 ·
@PNWFJC You pull the driverside hall effect sensor from the stock driver's seat and plug it in/ziptie it away. For the airbag, you would just leave everything plugged in. I'm not sure how the hall effect sensor may effect air bag deployment. I might be off but the sensor factors the distance from the steering wheel on your stock seat rail based on position.

#6 ·
Got my PRP seat in. Driver side only and won’t be swapping the passenger seat. The only thing left hanging and unplugged is the yellow airbag connector. Obviously, this keeps the airbag light lit on the dash. Hoping to run to the hardware/electronics store to get an resistor to fool the system to keep that light off.

Can anyone confirm what ohm resistor is required to do this successfully?

#10 ·
I'm going to revive this old thread because I'm ready to swap a set of Corbeau seats in (with 3 point harnesses) and want to find an alternative to the OCS Bypass Module (since we're apparently screwed and never going to see another one). I tried contacting CTScott as well, no response, and MetalTech confirmed earlier this week that they will never sell this item again - EVER. Disappointing to say the least...

Since I don't speak French can someone explain the alternative solution? I'm mechanically/electronically inclined, so feel I could accomplish this, but WTF is going on here?!?!

Thanks!

#14 ·
I have a 2nd gen Tacoma so I’ve been looking everywhere for the same harnesses y’all have. I’m away from my truck rn but I forgot what brand my seats are but they’re an off brand and I got the truck w them in so idk of the top of my head but how did you put the resistor on? And did you ever swap out the passenger seat? If so how and what did you use to turn the light off.

#11 ·
Thanks for the info @DucRider . I was halfway waiting on the MT ones and from my emails with them months ago they never mentioned completely discontinuing them. It would be nice if somebody could come up with a complete kit again. I'm a mechanical engineer not an electrical engineer (even though I dabble with some elechicken stuff at work) so that's my excuse! lol

Also I have a dog in my vehicle alot so that makes it hard to justify installing the really nice PRP's.

#12 ·
You're welcome. Here's what MetalTech said:

"The old module we used to sell have been sold out for 2 years now. At one point in time we were going to try and have it recreated but there was some issues with intellectual properties so we will not longer be carrying this product. This was confirmed this morning in our weekly sales meeting."

So yeah - we're F'd!

#15 · (Edited)
No idea if this works but willing to try it out :)

Simulator/

Edit:

This did not work but will be trying to 3d print my own housing base off the OCS male connector housing I found. Hopefully it works :)