Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Downwind
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saturday Oct. 27th
8 am meet at Gas Station in Florence Junction to run Montana Mountain
Noonish back at Hwy60 (Superior) and starting Telegraph Canyon
3 pm The group could decide which way out on the Box Canyon once we get to that point. Could be back at Florence Junction by 5pm.

In:
cruzinwyo- 100%
1leglance- 1st half
tibaal89- 100%
fredwood-100% newbie!!

Sorry it took so long to update! I just got back from a fire in Young 800 acres! They wanted me to go to Cali :(

Narrative:
Start at Florence Jct. (eastside of the valley on Hwy 60) up the Montana Mountain Trail into Superior (lunch at the Pizza Place), then on to the Telegraph Canyon Trail, and then out either end (north/quick or south/scenic) on Box Canyon Trail. The cool thing about this, as I know it is long, folks could join or bail in the middle of the trip (ie. noon at Superior). If we head out the north exit we should be back to Florence Jct by 5, the south route would put us in Florence Jct. around 7. (I think :))

These trails aren't rated real hard, so any new comers to the bunch should come out and play!
I'll keep this updated with anyone joining or other ideas. (I will be up north until late tuesday night, but will update again then)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I am in for at least part of this run..
I have a prior commitment for the late afternoon/evening but I would like to get in some offroad time before that. I might bail after lunch in Superior....on a previous run we found a decent little pizza place that has some character.
There are some geocaches along the Montana Mtn part, an old jail ruin at a stagecoach stop and neat water tank/mini slot canyon.
Great post for a run and looking forward to it.

Oh 1 last thing, can you post a link to this in the trail runs section for folks who might not know there is the AZ only section, makes it searchable in the future

·
Downwind
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do we need any permits for these runs? Where I come from the land is either public and free (ie not even a Tonto pass is needed) or it's gated and you just leave the gate as you found it, but still free!
Lance-do you remember the name/directions of the pizza place? That's a great idea..and a perfect meeting point!

·
Registered
75 Posts
If I don't go to the dunes there is a good change we will be there for at least part of the run. Either way I think I have a good weekend to look forward to.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Jon
How'd you wind up in AZ. We never even got a chance to go break anything.
Oh and BTW, thanks for pointing me towards this forum...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
WyoOtto - We will wave when we pass through Buffalo on our way to Billings. We go to Billings at least 2x's a year. FJ wave your way. We are VooDoo Blue.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I am pretty sure the run as you plan it doesn't req any permits....and as you mentioned the gate rule is always in effect...leave'm like ya found 'em
Edwardo's Pizzaria
701 S Belmont Ave
Superior, AZ 85273
(520) 689-2628
Hard to miss it middle of town on North side of the street before the bridge/overpass

Hard to believe there aren't more of the AZFJ clan looking to run this...by the way you can also post this run on adventure4x4.net and some non-FJC folks might come out and play

·
Registered
670 Posts
WyoOtto - We will wave when we pass through Buffalo on our way to Billings. We go to Billings at least 2x's a year. FJ wave your way. We are VooDoo Blue.
:wave:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks like the dunes is almost completely out of the question now. The chances we will be there are looking better and better. Does anyone have pics from this trail or links to info on this trail?? This will be my wifes 1st run and she is getting a bit nervous. Maybe some pics will comfort her.

·
Banned
3,591 Posts
Looks like the dunes is almost completely out of the question now. The chances we will be there are looking better and better. Does anyone have pics from this trail or links to info on this trail?? This will be my wifes 1st run and she is getting a bit nervous. Maybe some pics will comfort her.
Give the woman a hug....she'll be fine....I'll find ya some photos....it's an easy run and EVERYONE will make sure you don't do anything that will freak out your wife.....

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
Montana Mountain is scenic, not hard. she will have a great time. Just air down to help with the bumpiness

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!!! You guys RULE. I'm very excited for this run. Sorry my wife is a bit paranoid. Our (her) FJ is her daily driver and she doesn't want to jack it up. I hope this trail isn't tight, she is worried about pinstriping. Im sure it will be ok to bring along our daughter right??
Oh yeah thanks again for the Cuban Lance, and all the info. Haven't even had a chance to burn it yet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts