Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What better way to celebrate Fall & Halloween than feature a orange FJ :clap:

Mark Hawley aka helocat - Metal Tech

Mark gave me some details on their build & rebuild.

Here we go with the info on our truck. And photos attached. I included some stock to custom color photos and a few shots of the truck all broken down for the Marlin Transfer case. I think its safe to say we are the only company that has ran all available transference's in their truck. From stock, to Inchworms duel case lefty we pulled that and went with the proto type MC11 Marlin Crawler duel case, pulled that and went with 4speed Atlas. At this point the 4 speed Atlas with no fuel tank modifications is the best over all. Motor remains relativity stock. We have just a custom exhaust that is about 4' long with a 40 series Flowmaster muffler dumping before the rear axle. We like the reliability of the stock motor and have not installed a supper charger. When we feel we need extra HP we will just do like we have done for years with FJ40's and stuff a 6tr Chevy Vortec into it. We do thank the joint companies that do sponsor our truck. All sponsors products are parts we believe in biased on quality of the part and quality of the company.

Modifications:

Exterior:

OE Toyota T308 Orange from the 1972 FJ55 orange and white 4 door Landcruiser. Yes the orange paint is a factory Toyota orange.

Armor:

Metal-tech Front (w/ Warn 9.5XP winch w/ 3/8” synthetic rope) w/ PIAA 520 lights

Metal-tech Rear tube bumper

Metal-tech tube doors

Metal-tech rear tube door tire carrier

Metal-tech Step sliders

Bud Built 4 piece skid plates

Suspension:

Front: Total-Chaos 2” long travel w/ custom knuckle braces, remote reservoir Sway-a-way coil overs

Rear: Metal-tech long travel 3 link suspension, w/ NEW Metal-tech custom duel rate coils w/ custom ICON piggy back shocks (New rear suspension going on to the truck right now)

Drive train:

Atlas 4 speed Transfer case w/ custom drive shafts

ARB air locker front / 4.88 gears front and rear (Being installed now)

36” Irok tires on 17” Walker Evans bead lock’s

Other stuff: On board air compressor with 2.5 Gal tank, Portable wire feed welder, Spare locked rear dif, Spare long travel CV’s, seals, tools etc. full recovery gear.

Sponsors:

Total-Chaos

PIAA

Bud Built

Sway-a-way

ICON

Walker Evans (bead locks)

·
Registered
314 Posts
I recently purchased a Metal tech roll cage for my FJ40. Mark is a great guy to talk and deal with, he takes the time to answer all your questions and doesn't make you feel like you're bothering him, so hats off to him.
Steve

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
:werd:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Congrats to Metaltech...great looking rig.

Mark has an unfair advantage - he can do all that great work in-house!!

·
Premium Member
16,741 Posts
Congrats Metal Tech! Great looking FJC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts