Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this just started @ 26000 miles. i have a smell ( reminds me of the odor you would notice if you walk into a body shop ) coming from the a/c. most noticible in the recirculate mode. id describe it as a sweet odor.
i took to dealer and they replace the cabin filter and that has not fixed the issue. any others with the same problem or suggested fix???

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jag..
i am fairly consistant about turning off a/s and running fan, so im sure about that. any chance of radiator fluid getting into that area? it does smell sweet. there are no drips

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im going to an indy and get an opinion of the odor and if it is the core then back to the dealer. i was hoping someone was going to say i had that in my fj

darn

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok all
thanx to your time & efforts to respond. After work tonight i was determined to figure out the source of my problem. First i was to look in the area that the blower might be, thinking there would be a clue.. now where is the blower?
I opened the hood to look on the firewall - nope.
Next open the passenger door and look below the glove box, woof what an odor, sweet yuk. i found my source of the problem. There at the bottom of the glove box was a tube of black touch up paint that had exploded ( below my paperwork ) FOUND!!!!!!

from my first post i had said "like in a body shop" out came the box and into the garage i will deal with it at a later time.

I can only guess that the heat made it expand and bust a seam.
Case Closed and thanx to all who took time to respond.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts