Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

OEM 2nd Horn wire?

6K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Supasta 
#1 ·
Does the 2013 have the additional horn setup? If so can some kind soul send me a link so I can purchase it? Thanks fellas

#2 ·
#4 · (Edited)
This is what I did:
03-14-13: Second Horn (High Pitch) Installed = Drastic Improvement (Very Loud)!
Made a split jumper to connect the new horn and the original horn to the single OEM horn plug.
86510-60240 Horn Assy, High Pitch
90080-11545 Bolt, W/Washer

If you look at my build, you will see a pic of the location.
Right up front, opposite side of original.
Nice and loud, as it should be!!!!

#5 ·
I've got the second horn connector on my 07, so I can't help you there, but you can go to any junkyard and pick up a Toyota horn for cheap with partial wiring harness, nut and everything. Mine ran a less than $10. I'm using a low pitch horn from a 93 Camry and it sounds identical to the stock low pitch horn. With two low pitch horns, I get a loud deep sound appropriate for the truck. Very pleased.

#8 ·
Hello!
I also have the second horn connector. Did you just mount the second Toyota horn and make the factory connections with no modifications? Did you keep the OEM 10a fuse or upgrade it to 15a or 20a fuse? Was the single factory relay enough to handle both Toyota horns?
thank you!

#6 ·
you can buy any 500mz horn and just wire it in to the existing 400mz horn.

Reactions: jameykini
#7 ·
Which Tri-State area are you from? You can have my original horn if you want it. You'll have to find the connector to go with it, but I'll be happy to give you my stock horn if you want it. I don't need it laying around :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#9 ·

Also attached is the wiring for dual horn setup without using OEM. I made the wiring harness myself but you can buy one already made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.