Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know where to get OEM brake pads for 07 FJ Cruiser at better prices than the dealer prices? Right now at the dealer it is 76$/69$

Thanks,
Les

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
When I want OEM parts I find them at a cheap toyota dealer online ( there are a few ) I print out what im looking for and go to my local dealer and they price match. Example in 2006 when the fj was new I want OEM rock rails and dealer wanted $540 I found another dealer online and local dealer price matched for $399. This price seems high now but when the FJ came out there wasn`t any aftermarket stuff yet.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm rethinking OEM pads. I've read about how the pads are made for the truck and how some guys have 60, 70, 80K miles on their pads. I have 38K on the truck and I am a very conservative driver and already need pads.
Les

·
Registered
61 Posts
My wife managed to get 55,000ish out of her brake pads...go figure...and yes,I'm saying WOW!....she usually goes through brakes around 30,000ish?.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My wife managed to get 55,000ish out of her brake pads...go figure...and yes,I'm saying WOW!....she usually goes through brakes around 30,000ish?.
I do hear a lot of these stories and I wish I was one of them. I know that brake wear depends on many variables but I would have to say that I am not an aggressive driver with respect to gas and brake, so I'm not sure why I got so little life out of these pads.
Les

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm at 72,000 miles on mine and now the rears are in need of replacement. I am generally hard on brakes. I'm very pleased with the OEM. They stop great, they're quite and give good service life, at least for me.

What are the advantages of the Hawks? Why should I switch?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I can't se changing from the OEM pads; they last a long time, work well and there is almost no brake dust on the wheels. The no dust is a big plus for me as the FJ doesn't get washed every week and the wheels still look good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
on my other vehicles i used Hawk hps,the alloy rims were very clean low brake dust,is it true rotors every other pad job?my fj is a 2011 but when it's time for my pads i'm going with hawk but then again that will be years from now and many thousands of miles in that time i will want new rotors,but your right OEM is softer on the rotors

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was just searching for a link here for OEM pads so thanks Wilson. I have been very impressed with the OEM pads. I hit 94K miles today and just started to hear a very faint squeal from the front right pad... need to change ASAP, but almost 100K is great.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
i was using partznet.com. they have great prices. bought a few things from them. had one issue with an employee giving me some lip, but the gm took care of that. they are part of the huge conicelli dealership company. that is just a parts warehouse they have. totally legit business. you can even call the dealership and ask for parts and you will be transferred to them.

pads are priced good. stock rotors are kind of pricey. i went with EBC GD series slotted/dimpled rotors and green stuff pads on each corner. i bet i reduced my stopping distances by 30%. brake feel is 100% better. it seriously stops pretty hard.

i've been running the same series pads and rotors on another vehicle for years. towing wise, it does great stopping my jeep on a tandem axle trailer that i dont have electronic brakes for.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just got my OEM front & rear pads with two bottles of brake fluid all OEM shipped for $116 shipped and I have 86K on my original pads and still going strong with no issues as of yet,
:rocker:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts