Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the toyota OEM center caps are supposed to come on the FJ Steelies? In this case Steelies on a NSSE FJ?

Thanks
:cheers:

·
Registered
20 Posts
My dealer told me they do not come standard. In fact he checked their parts department and was told they don't have center caps for the steelies. I'm not sure I believe that because I found a set on Ebay. Black and they were advertised as a fit for the FJ steelies.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I've got centercaps on mine. I bought my steelies off a member though so I don't know if they came with it originally. But not having caps for steelies...that's BS

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
My previous FJ came with center caps, another set I bought that were take-offs had center caps. They come with center caps. It's kinda like lug nuts - they don't detail it out on the invoice but the factory wheels come with center caps.

My NSSE didn't have any on the 2 rear wheels and I made them write up a "We Owe" slip for the 2 caps during purchase..........funny thing is the 2 front ones are kinda flat, not like the pic above in Monky's post. http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...0994385-oem-center-caps-steelies-steelies.jpg

The one pictured there is the original style of center cap - who knows what type I'll get offered (with my luck they'll be 'chromies').

Jerry, :cheers:

·
Registered
42 Posts
My steelies have the Toyota center caps from the factory.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mine did not come with them and I was told the same thing. I've seen a few pics on this forum and some had them, some didn't...

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
My NSSE came with caps on the front two tires, no caps on the rear two. The caps on the front two tires have no emblem.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I picked up my NSSE last night and it has flat caps on the front, none on the back. I asked the dealer about it and their parts dept couldn't find a part # for caps for these wheels.

Does anyone have the part #? I'm pretty sure they'll give me a set if I can help them find the part #.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
My girlfriend and I picked up her NSSE last week and no center caps. Looks like we will be going back by the dealership and raising a little heck!! It's b.s. in my book to pay 30k+ for a vehicle and not get any damn center caps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can anyone provide an OEM part # for the center caps? I'm sure I can get my dealer to order them, but their parts department can't find them.

I really like my dealer, but the parts guys are horrible. They installed my hitch yesterday and put a silve bezzle on the bumper, when I asked they said they where all silver and Toyota didn't make a black one. I found the part number here and called them today and they've order the black kit and will swap out the silver bezzle.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
U need to find a new service dept, no matter how far away they are............those Gomers don't deserve a job at all, and surely would never be trusted to work on my vehicle. EVER!

Just my humble opinion.

Jerry:cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts