Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alright so this seems to be too easy and I have wired my own stuff before, but for some reason I can't crack the code on this. I bought the same cam and has the red/black for juice and the aca jack with the yellow/ground. However the harness wire is red/black/white/Brown(thumbnail). Have tried swapping the Brown & white, no success

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alright so I finally figured out the wires to go straight to the wiring harness instead of the camera wires (red/silver = yellow, white/silver = ground, brown/silver = black, black/silver = red). I also ran into the extra red wire on the RCA like philFJ but also ignored them and worked perfect...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help with this replacement camera DIY article. I live in Canada and the Toyota dealer wanted $600 plus labor to change the dead camera. The Esky camera you suggested is perfect with great picture quality. Your instructions were bang on, the pictures were accurate and showed me the details I was looking for - it couldn't have been better, even if I had done it myself!!
A million kind thanks for your post !
John

21 - 25 of 25 Posts