Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 FJ and would like to mount the OEM skid plate that I have. Unfortunately, the bracket does not fit. Tried searching the forum for a fix with no luck. In case I miss it, please point me in the right direction.

I do eventually want to put a proper skid plate, but want I am looking for on a skid plate is something light, strong and add on only minimal weight so as to not drag the truck, causing poor fuel performance. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Don't the ricochet's mount to the stock skid plates though?

Since Tigger can't get the stock one on, I don't think the ricochet's are an option.

Tigger - can you describe more about what isn't fitting? There may very well be an answer for you, but "the bracket does not fit" is pretty vague.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Since Tigger can't get the stock one on, I don't think the ricochet's are an option.

Tigger - can you describe more about what isn't fitting? There may very well be an answer for you, but "the bracket does not fit" is pretty vague.
Hi Tray,

Thank You for taking interest on my issue. I have attach some pictures of the underside of my 2010 FJ where the bracket is supposed to be located. Read on the internet as well that the OEM Skid plate does not fit2010. With ref to the manual on step 2 & 3 and looking at fig. 3-1, looks like where the bracket can go is now different from previous models. The underside is supposed to be white, Its winter here and so my underside has new color scheme i.e. Salty white. Hopefully the pictures will help or I my missing something or looking at the wrong area ?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,495 Posts

The Ricochet skids go over the black tin skids. Every FJ has these. The OP is trying to mount the Toyota accesory plate.It's the big silver one that looks like a shovel, and is known as the "bling plate" on here. The 2010 changed and some of the mounts are different. You are going to have a hard time getting that bracket that mounts the bling plate to fit. That's why my bash plate for the 2010 has a different part # Lots of guys with 2010s are running my plates.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
The Ricochet skids go over the black tin skids. Every FJ has these. The OP is trying to mount the Toyota accesory plate.It's the big silver one that looks like a shovel, and is known as the "bling plate" on here. The 2010 changed and some of the mounts are different. You are going to have a hard time getting that bracket that mounts the bling plate to fit. That's why my bash plate for the 2010 has a different part # Lots of guys with 2010s are running my plates.:cheers:
Exactly what I was thinking the second I saw the pics. Didn't even occur to me that we were talking about the bash plate/bling plate.

I was having a hard time picturing what would have been missing for the skid plate.

Tigger - As cnckart mentioned - it looks like you have the 2007-2009 bash plate, which doesn't mate up with the 2010 skids. Yes it is OEM, but unfortunately not 2010 OEM. Unless you want to fab something up to fit it, I think you're stuck living with the one you have (the one that you took a pic of), or adding an aftermarket (like Ricochet, or other vendors).

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gents , Thank You again for looking into this. It would seem that I am having a fire sale on a used OEM skid plate.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've got a 2010 and love my Ricochet bash plate. Was easy to install, lightweight and has served quite well as a snow plow on a couple of occasions this winter. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts