Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after looking at my undercarriage I notice there are two brackets hanging behind the front skid (below the front frame) that is not connected to anything. I know there is a gas tank skid, front, front-rear and a OEM rear skid that goes from the rear axle to the bumper. Am I missing another skid plate? I have a 2013 fj if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Probably no one answered Cull's question because it was buried in a thread on a completely different topic and no one noticed it.

I do hope that someone who knows the answer will reply this time, as I have had the very same question ever since I bought mine.

Clearly it looks like those tabs are for a 3rd factory skid plate, but I've not seen one, yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It was put in that thread in case it was a model specific issue. Since the TTUE has a different front skid plate.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been seeing alot of pictures of stock fjs undercarriage when they first came out and the 2010+ and all have nothing there. I'm wondering if there's an aftermarket skid plate to put in there while still utilizing the front two OEM plates.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
I've got a 2011 and the tabs are on mine. I just figured there were mounting bolts that fell off.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Ok so I have an 07 with front skids reaching back covering the transmission. Are there other skids available to finish off towards the rear for the TR ¿

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
John, those are just photos of the normal skid plate and fuel tank protector.

Chumley, I think you've got it! So the rear edge just sticks out and doesn't have any support? I wonder if it is for aero, rather than skid protection.

Thanks for the part number!!

N

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
John, those are just photos of the normal skid plate and fuel tank protector.

Chumley, I think you've got it! So the rear edge just sticks out and doesn't have any support? I wonder if it is for aero, rather than skid protection.

Thanks for the part number!!

N
Looks like its more of just a splash guard rather that a tin metal skid. Doesn't look like the other end even reaches to the frame.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
I know I’m looking to extend to the rear that was my issue stock is fine with me I don’t want to build a Sherman tank

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Mine is an '07 and has the tabs. I started out once to build a skid that would protect the tranny. This might be a good option for me.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Hello Rotorhed how’s the weather I’m in Albuquerque? Thinking of driving to your area to see the Bisti Badlands soon any suggestion?

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Hello Rotorhed how’s the weather I’m in Albuquerque? Thinking of driving to your area to see the Bisti Badlands soon any suggestion?
Which way are you coming in? 550 through Cuba you would be passing Chaco Canyon, well worth some time. Or up 371? I have never been to the Badlands, driven past dozens of times, flown over it many times too.

There's an area on the north side of Farmington called The Glade Run. Much 4 wheeling there. Are you going to be in Farmington also or just Bisti and back?

Here's a couple of The Glade.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
There is supposed to be a gem and mineral show up there in Farmington I was considering going there then to Bisti. Those pictures you showed are beyond what I do. I 4 wheel on rough roads on the gold claims I’m part of.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
There is supposed to be a gem and mineral show up there in Farmington I was considering going there then to Bisti. Those pictures you showed are beyond what I do. I 4 wheel on rough roads on the gold claims I’m part of.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I've been doing some extensive research and found that UAE and alot of overseas countries have them. There are two different versions and two different part number. I manage to find the shorter version which came off a Lexus GX470 which I plan on installing this weekend. Crossing my fingers that it fits. Their both plastic so not much of a bing plate but it beats having it look like its missing.

51495-60370 (Long Version)

51495-35050 (Short Version)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts