Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, don't mind being the newbie and asking the stupid question and taking the abuse but when you all say off camber about rock crawling, what exactly does that mean? I couldn't tell from reading a million threads and just would like the lexicon. Now go ahead and with the whippin...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You the man, damn I should have thought of Wikipedia but I've been at work since 0900 yesterday morning so I have some excuse. So the off camber parts that people describe in their rock crawling are just describing the articulation of the axle right? I actually thought it was some description of the terrain as in ruts and plateaus in the trail. Thanks, A

·
Registered
165 Posts
MDCruiser said:
You the man, damn I should have thought of Wikipedia but I've been at work since 0900 yesterday morning so I have some excuse. So the off camber parts that people describe in their rock crawling are just describing the articulation of the axle right? I actually thought it was some description of the terrain as in ruts and plateaus in the trail. Thanks, A
"off-camber" situation is one where your Vehicle is riding sideways along a slope and pointing neither straight up or down the hill.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I got it now. After reading that whole site, I'm ready for the Rubicon, who's with me? Just kidding, but good pointers for the uninitiated...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts