Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have suggestions on where they mounted their off road flag? there's not easy spot on the front of a FJ compared to our Wrangler. Looking for ideas so I can mock something up and make it before may this year. thanks

·
Registered
728 Posts
One word- "Bandi-mount":cheers: Yes, it mounts in back.

Bandi-mount would work great.
I thought I had seen new Bandi-mounts with 2 mounting holes. You could put the flag & an antennae on.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Up here in Michigan we have to put them in the front.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I couldn't find it, but yes, somebody does make a bandi mount with two holes in it.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I just put my flag onto the 4' Firestick which is mounted to the Bandi mount...

·
Registered
900 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
There is a cool mount that fits around the top hinge of the rear door on which you can mount the base of a "pop it whip". you just pop in the whip when offroading and pop it off when you finish.Their website is PW Website

BTW the whip can be stored in car with one end ahchored over the coat hanger out back and teh other end goes under the side sun visor and you are all set to go

Check out the picture

Attachments

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
GFUracing4x4,

This is how I did it when I had a stock bumper. it bolts through the frame rail right under the bumper. this was very solid I could stand on the mount.

2 3/8" x 7 1/2" long bolts with nylock nuts and washers
2 1 1/2" diameter by 2/ 1/8" tall alum spacers
1 3/8" x 1 3/8" x 9 3' 3/4" long alum plate with three holes

when I had stan at Toy outfitters build my new bumper I had him weld in a mount just for the flag. the off road parks that I goto in Michigan and the sand dunes all want the flag on the front of the truck

JKFJ08

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I should have mentioned in original post I was looking for front mount as I go off roading in Michigan. Thank you Volrath and JKF. Thats exactly what I was looking for and can begin putting it together.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I recently mounted a Firestik heavy during spring in the ARB roof rack and attached the 3" Firestik antenna when off-roading.

Or attached (tie wrapped) the saftey flag to the bandi mount/CB antenna, see the signature pic below.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts