Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Bought one, waiting for it to arrive along with the armrests they sell.
I ordered one, too, and it is one its way. Mine will be the 'new designed' for 2010-2014, that goes inside the whell well instead of under the hood. I am saving the under the hood space for wind shield fluid bottle relocation and 2nd battery set up.

What version did you buy?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Re: "Off Road Garage" Snorkel??

I like the snorkel. I wonder if the logo can just sand off and then hit it with some touch up paint.

Anyone know if a TRD intake would work with this? The eBay site says no cutting is needed, just drilling and sealant.

Also, do you notice any change in performance?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I did not notice a performance change with mine. Towed from Texas to NC and back after installing.

·
Registered
606 Posts

Looking at the EBay pictures there seems to be different configurations. The simplest is a hose from the stock intake filter to the elbow through the cowl, bypassing the dust cyclone, then there is the internal fender ducted version. Which one are they selling, or our all of them in the kit?

·
Registered
325 Posts

i just want the internal finder piece and add a piece of tube to make a River Raider style wonder if they will sell it separately? guess i shall ask

·
Registered
4 Posts

I ordered one, too, and it is one its way. Mine will be the 'new designed' for 2010-2014, that goes inside the whell well instead of under the hood. I am saving the under the hood space for wind shield fluid bottle relocation and 2nd battery set up.

What version did you buy?
The one that is hidden definitely

·
Registered
182 Posts

How hard was it to remove/replace the front fender and plastic flare?
It's time consuming, but not too difficult. It is a little tricky to move the plastic flare section that is close the bottom of the door, because it is laid under the plastic piece right under the door.

Something to keep in mind is there will be cutting, drilling and grinding. No other way around it. It took me a whole day, 14 hrs straight, from start to finish.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts

i just want the internal finder piece and add a piece of tube to make a River Raider style wonder if they will sell it separately? guess i shall ask
You dont even need the internal fender piece for that....just run it like the RR one. The hard piece of the RR is the forty-some degree angle welded to the oval-ish flange that you install in the cowl panel. Frankly, ditching the OEM intake location really opens up the fender area under the hood.

I think the whole point of this ORG snorkel is that giant hunk of plastic replaces the cowl panel...no cuts!

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts

I'd be interested to see what you come up with. I wonder if the standard River Raider kit could be run through the fender well instead of through the engine bay, using the stock air box location, down the fender well and connecting up through the cowl to the mushroom vent?

·
Registered
574 Posts

It's time consuming, but not too difficult. It is a little tricky to move the plastic flare section that is close the bottom of the door, because it is laid under the plastic piece right under the door.

Something to keep in mind is there will be cutting, drilling and grinding. No other way around it. It took me a whole day, 14 hrs straight, from start to finish.

Hope that helps.
It was time consuming for me to remove the cowl on the previous version. Pop off all the vents, wipers, clips, and etc. I would have gone for the fender version as well if they had it at that time.

61 - 80 of 120 Posts