Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
121 - 136 of 136 Posts

· Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
1,072 Posts
Still sold...
Only issue is the shipping, since COVID started and the restrictions, I think they only ship to USA now
I bought one in February... Had shipped to a friend in the US and he sent it to me after
But delayed but I really wanted that one so worth the wait

I will look up the contact tomorrow and post it

· Premium Member
2,725 Posts

· Registered
262 Posts
Did he ever figure out how to install it? I love the way it looks, even if it’s a pain to install.
Last time he posted about it he decided not to use it.. I remember him saying the fit and finish was questionable and the thickness of material is very questionable.. I think there are problems with raising the hood I believe and no ditch lights either.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

· Registered
635 Posts
Did he ever figure out how to install it? I love the way it looks, even if it’s a pain to install.
I have one of these that I purchased off another Forum member but have not yet attempted to install. The Previous Owner had installed it and seemed to like it until he bought a new roof rack. Apparently, this ORG model only works with an OEM roof rack due to clearance issues and he had to remove the snorkel. In the video, Offroadhub installed it without a roof rack and the first thing I noticed was that the screw heads would rub the roof paint. The instructions do not address this, so I was hoping their was a way to prevent this damage through recessing the bolt head or adding a pad. He is also correct in that the directions linked to Dropbox are confusing and that you have to purchase a few parts like a reducer. I am not encouraged by his experience, but I may put this on my to do list this spring. The pictures I have seen of a properly installed snorkel make it look awesome.

· Registered
79 Posts
I have one of these that I purchased off another Forum member but have not yet attempted to install. The Previous Owner had installed it and seemed to like it until he bought a new roof rack. Apparently, this ORG model only works with an OEM roof rack due to clearance issues and he had to remove the snorkel. In the video, Offroadhub installed it without a roof rack and the first thing I noticed was that the screw heads would rub the roof paint. The instructions do not address this, so I was hoping their was a way to prevent this damage through recessing the bolt head or adding a pad. He is also correct in that the directions linked to Dropbox are confusing and that you have to purchase a few parts like a reducer. I am not encouraged by his experience, but I may put this on my to do list this spring. The pictures I have seen of a properly installed snorkel make it look awesome.
when mine shows up, I’ll do a video and see how it goes.

· Registered
79 Posts
Last time he posted about it he decided not to use it.. I remember him saying the fit and finish was questionable and the thickness of material is very questionable.. I think there are problems with raising the hood I believe and no ditch lights either.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
yeah, he said those mount didn’t effect the snorkel. But he never tried to install without the ditch light mount to make sure.

· Registered
1,309 Posts
In the video, Offroadhub installed it without a roof rack and the first thing I noticed was that the screw heads would rub the roof paint. The instructions do not address this, so I was hoping their was a way to prevent this damage through recessing the bolt head or adding a pad. He is also correct in that the directions linked to Dropbox are confusing and that you have to purchase a few parts like a reducer.
I installed this snorkel last year using the write-ups on this forum. I bought it understanding the challenges and work required to make this fit. It is not perfect and being handmade, it seems like there is a lot of variations like thickness and slight dimension differences.

In my case, the fitment was ok at the air box connection, I will probably go back and use a reducer for a better fit. I know the connection to the upper snorkel head is not watertight, but I typically do not go in deep water (bought this for the dusty conditions where we typically go offroad). In regards to the attachment to the roof, yes that was a PITA. I positioned the upper piece so that it did not touch the roof. The attachment bracket had to be bent in two places (kind of like a z pattern), and this took a lot of trial and error.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

Reactions: i12c

· Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
1,072 Posts
For me was the same as @Zed 71
Not a perfect fit and some tweaks needed to be done... But all and all I'll say it's a 95% fit and I really love the look.
Main issue was the roof bracket that needed banding to fit good.
I have 2008 FJ so the model I got is the 2007-2010, not the one that goes under the fender.

· Premium Member
21 Posts
I like the way these mount behind the fender, I just wish there was a cleaner finish on the snorkel. I’m not a fan of the over the roof mount. Someone with 3D printing skills should print an adapter box for the crowl to mount a traditional snorkel A-pillar tube, or the river raider style with a simple air cleaner cap.

121 - 136 of 136 Posts