Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I would like to use the OEM female connector if I can find one.
The connector is located lower console by A-Trac switch etc. Its all ready wired to engine room fuse/relay panel just add fuse and relay to control connector behind driver side A-pillar.

·
Registered
742 Posts
i am interested in this because i want to buy some lights but i want a factory look

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Glad I came across this thread. My wife is giving me a set of PIAA 520's for Christmas and I wanted to pick up the OEM Aux switch but didnt have the part number. Thanks for all the info.

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
It's still having a bit of trouble understanding this. If I have a brand new set of Rigid Duallys with the harness they come with and this switch, what else do I need to integrate the two? The A pillar harness? The harness for the switch itself?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
104 Posts
It's still having a bit of trouble understanding this. If I have a brand new set of Rigid Duallys with the harness they come with and this switch, what else do I need to integrate the two? The A pillar harness? The harness for the switch itself?

If you have this switch; there is an existing harness that connects to the a-pillar and the stock fuse box under the hood taped up in the center console. That said, all you need is switch and the stock relay in place and you can tap in to the bottom two wires in the a-pillar. Really easy to do and there are plenty of instructions around the forum.
I actually used this set up for my fog lights.

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Thanks a lot. Yeah I have the switch already. My truck is an early 2007 bought in April 2006. I hope it has the harness. So I need to purchase the relay still and install?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks a lot. Yeah I have the switch already. My truck is an early 2007 bought in April 2006. I hope it has the harness. So I need to purchase the relay still and install?

Yes on the relay and fuse install.
Relay p/n PT297-89016.
Follow the instructions for the switch and relay install from here:
http://www.lastgreatroadtrip.com/wp...ruiser-roof-top-air-dam-light-bar-install.pdf
A-pillar wiring info:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/stereo-electronics-electrical/91157-harness-pillar.html
It's actually really pretty easy.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts