Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love to get out and try the local brew wherever I am and Ouray sits next to some very good breweries...

Was wondering if anyone was going to fill up some growlers as an excuse to get some trail time in? Or vis versa...

1st Summit.

:cheers:

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
sitting in a bar/brewery is where you will find me every night!

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
i always bring growlers of my home made Irish stout :cheers:

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
I love to get out and try the local brew wherever I am and Ouray sits next to some very good breweries...

Was wondering if anyone was going to fill up some growlers as an excuse to get some trail time in? Or vis versa...

1st Summit.

:cheers:
Hi, T.
Not sure if you know the town yet, but there are two breweries in Ouray.
The first one opened a few years ago. It's called 'The Mr. Grumpy Pants Brewing Company', and he serves the beer on-location in a front called 'Ourayle House'. His name is Hutch. He's a great guy....very interesting atmosphere, and good brews. Ourayle House is on 7th, just West of Main St. Liquids only, but he allows take-in if you want to grab a pizza elsewhere and sit for some yummy beer in his place.

The other one just opened in August last year. It's called Ouray Brewery. It's on the NE corner of the intersection of 6th and Main. It's got full kitchen, etc, besides the beer. It's the first place I ever had an Eisbock. I really liked it, and now I buy one from Germany at DaveCo.

I will be at both while in town....probably more time at Hutch's place, cause he's the main attraction in my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts