Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 390 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Come join us on a wheeling trip in Moab Utah, we will be wheeling from October 7th-11th, having a blast at camp, and just enjoying the outdoors.

Camp location

38°41'38.4"N, 109°40'29.1"W

Camp area, same as last time. No water, bathroom, or electricity Here

Caravan from Denver

The thread is located here,

OFFICIAL 2015 Denver to Moab Convoy Thread - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

People attending so far, Please confirm if you are going.

1. Basil - Going
  2. Thomas (Ford Ranger) - Going
  3. Jrtheman - Going
  4. erazz - Going
  5. Subverto - Going
  6. mtnbikermatt - Going
  7. tacraigjr - Going
  8. FJPDX - Going
  9. audibahn - Going
  10. 07TxTRD - Going
  11. Moab Junky - Going
  12. Djtc - Going
  13. danielrice20 - Going
  14. HeliGuide - Going
  15. KC Masterpiece - Going
  16. Jorge (Super Taco) - Going
  17. istambull - Going
  18. GRMREPR - Going
  19. FudoMyo - Going
  20. BikeNuke - Going
  21. RichJacot - Going
  22. R69 - Going
  23. PawKor - Going

1. crazysanman - Maybe
  2. B. Rock - Maybe
  3. windstarfj - Maybe
  4. tayjree - Maybe
  5. DaemonOfTheFall - Maybe
  6. Pitzeyn + two friends - Maybe
  7. FJXing1973 - Maybe

Daily trails / stuff​

Here is a rough outline of what trails we will be running, some of these will be limited to a certain number of trucks just because we don't want to be on the trail for 12 hours. There will be enough spots for everyone.

Take note!!!
- Trail leaders are responsible for setting up a meet time and place
- If you want to run another trail that is not on here let me know, we can setup a 3rd trail for that day.
- Im going to do a night trail one day, it will be a simple trail that I can go out and shoot photos on, this will depend on the weather so that we can get the best conditions for stars.
- Please post below what trails you want to run, Don't quote this its long and will get annoying
- I hope @Moab Junky will lead some of the trails, I know he has experience in Moab.

Day 1 Wednesday (OCT 7th)

So I guess this day turned into a mod day / setup camp day, If your not modding your truck or sitting around camp and want to run a trail then thats up to you!

Day 2 Thursday (OCT 8th)

Trail 1
La Sal Pass, LINK, This will be a good warmup trail, not too hard but should have great views for everyone, I believe we will have no problem with everyone going on this trail at once.

This trailhead is 26 miles away from camp, but we will meet in town, which is only 13 miles away.

Rigs attending

Trail Leader - Basil (Unless someone else has experience running this trail)
1. mtnbikermatt
2. FJPDX
3. Subverto
4. 07TxTRD
5. erazz
6. Djtc
7. danielrice20
8. Heliguide
9. Jorge (Super Taco)
10. Thomas (Ford Ranger)
11. BCarp
12. Jrtheman
13. RichJacot
14. BikeNuke
15. FudoMyo
16. istambull

Day 3 Friday (OCT 9th)

Rigs wheeling this day

Trail Leader - Basil
1. mtnbikermatt
2. FJPDX
3. Subverto
4. 07TxTRD
5. erazz
6. Djtc
7. danielrice20
8. Heliguide
9. Jorge (Super Taco) Thomas Passenger seat
10. Audibahn
11. Bcarp
12. Jrtheman
13. RichJacot
14. BikeNuke
15. R69
16. FudoMyo

Day 4 Saturday (OCT 10th)

Rigs wheeling this day

Trail Leader - Basil
1. mtnbikermatt
2. FJPDX
3. Subverto
4. 07TxTRD
5. erazz
6. Djtc
7. danielrice20
8. Jorge (Super Taco) Thomas Passenger
9. Audibahn
10. Bcarp
11. Jrtheman
12. RichJacot
13. BikeNuke
14. GRMREPR
15. R69
16. FudoMyo
17. istambull

Day 5 Sunday (OCT 11th)

Rigs wheeling this day

Trail Leader - Basil
1. mtnbikermatt
2. FJPDX
3. 07TxTRD
4. erazz
5. Djtc
6. Jorge (Super Taco)
7. Thomas (Ford Ranger)
8. Audibahn
9. Jrtheman
10. RichJacot
11. BikeNuke
12. GRMREPR
13. R69

Night Trail (Day deepening on weather, hopefully Friday or Saturday night)

Gemini Bridges, LINK, this is a moderate trail that should be good for star photography. I will be shooting photos of my truck and your truck if you want some photos, Ill be charging $40 for the photos, you will get a ton of photos of your rig under the stars. You don't have to pay to come on this, your more than welcome to come on the run and not get the photos taken of your truck and just have fun!

Rigs attending

Trail Leader - Basil
1. mtnbikermatt
2. FJPDX
3. Subverto
4. erazz
5. Djtc
6. danielrice20
7. 07TxTRD
8. GRMREPR (Sat or Sun night only)
9. Thomas (Ford Ranger)
10. Bcarp
11. Jrtheman
12. RichJacot
13. BikeNuke
14. R69
15. FudoMyo

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Put me down for everything Matt is doing, minus the Sunday trail. I'll probably leave early Sunday morning.

Thanks for organizing this Basil! You're the man!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm so ready for this trip!!

Thursday- la salle pass

Friday- hells revenge

Saturday- totw

Sunday- porcupine rim

I will be leaving Sunday afternoon to head back cause I'll have to be at work on Monday morning...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm so ready for this trip!!

Thursday- la salle pass

Friday- hells revenge

Saturday- totw

Sunday- porcupine rim

I will be leaving Sunday afternoon to head back cause I'll have to be at work on Monday morning...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Done

Put me down with subverto and matt. And the night trail :)

(Trying to make it easy)

And yes, I am seriously psyched for this trip!
and done :rocker:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ill join the "Basil" groups if theres enough room , including the night run/photoshoot. Take Canadian funds;)? jk

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please put me down for the same as Subverto. Unfortunately, I'll also be leaving Sunday. I wish I didn't have to miss Gemini Bridges and the Sunday photo shoot!
That photoshoot is not on sunday, it will be earlier in the week, I will check the weather a few days before and decide what day.

·
Registered
765 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
I will likely be arriving on Saturday, so I'm not going to commit to a run that day.

However, if the night run ends up being Saturday or Sunday night, count me in!

For Sunday, you can sign me up for TOTW if a trail leader volunteers, otherwise add me to the Porcupine list. I believe I've done both, but it was many years ago...

·
Registered
882 Posts
count me in for La Sal pass and ??..... also hells revenge for sure

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Thanks for all you are doing Basil. I'm happy to help out on the trails. I just did TOTW and Porcupine so I'll bow out of those. I work the 5th through 8th so will not commit to anything in the morning of the 9th, however, Istambull is bringing his dirt bike from Texas and we are going to hook up for a day or two of riding. He wants to try the potholes on his bike and needs help finding them so we may catch up (or pass) you guys if that's OK.

I'm sure we can have a meeting by the camp fire and see what everyone wants to do the following mornings.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all you are doing Basil. I'm happy to help out on the trails. I just did TOTW and Porcupine so I'll bow out of those. I work the 5th through 8th so will not commit to anything in the morning of the 9th, however, Istambull is bringing his dirt bike from Texas and we are going to hook up for a day or two of riding. He wants to try the potholes on his bike and needs help finding them so we may catch up (or pass) you guys if that's OK.

I'm sure we can have a meeting by the camp fire and see what everyone wants to do the following mornings.
Ok just let us know!

·
Registered
882 Posts
day 3 hells revenge Basil........id definitely like to do more , but i only could get the 7th 8th and 9th off I...if some one is done modding fairly early on the 7th i would love to do a trail on the 7th...going to try to get to camp late afternoon of the 6th if not , early morning of the 7th

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
day 3 hells revenge Basil........id definitely like to do more , but i only could get the 7th 8th and 9th off I...if some one is done modding fairly early on the 7th i would love to do a trail on the 7th...going to try to get to camp late afternoon of the 6th if not , early morning of the 7th
I won't be modding on the 7th so I may be interested in a trail, we can just play it by ear.

·
Registered
882 Posts
That's what I figured I'd do...be flexible. If I get there on the morning of the 7th..by 8am or so.. figured I'd set up camp.. Then figure it out for the rest of the day.. If anyone isn't modding the first day we could go on a trail.. Was kinda wanting to set up my roof lights. But that can wait.. I'd rather run a trail

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 390 Posts