Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

241 - 260 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
The site itself isn't too bad. The road from the highway to the camp is muddy and washed out a little.

Oh man. Not sure that our FJ's can handle some mud and washed out roads. Ha. Nothing better than putting it in 4wd getting into camp.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
I hope you guys have a good time there. Please check the weather and be careful though as I've been watching the weather site and a big area all around Moab has been in and out of Flash Flood Watches today and if it's raining hard even if it's not in the immediate are of Moab, it can still come roaring down some of those canyons and washes. Right now they have a Flash Flood Watch for a big part of Eastern Utah from north of Green River to well south of Moab and to the east into CO and to the west. Also to the West and SW of Moab there is a Flood Warning. Weather forecast calling for heavy rain tonight, tomorrow, and a little less tomorrow night. Stay safe and have fun.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
I hope you guys have a good time there. Please check the weather and be careful though as I've been watching the weather site and a big area all around Moab has been in and out of Flash Flood Watches today and if it's raining hard even if it's not in the immediate are of Moab, it can still come roaring down some of those canyons and washes. Right now they have a Flash Flood Watch for a big part of Eastern Utah from north of Green River to well south of Moab and to the east into CO and to the west. Also to the West and SW of Moab there is a Flood Warning. Weather forecast calling for heavy rain tonight, tomorrow, and a little less tomorrow night. Stay safe and have fun.

I'm a weather nerd... I have my eye out on it 👍🏼

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the campsite doesn't have any puddles or mud. Nala has a tendency to seek out and soak up any and all sources of water. Really don't want to be sleeping with a wet dog/mud monster the first night.

Nala Puddle.jpg

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ok, so I am now confirmed for wheeling Saturday and Sunday. The 2 trails I was planning on running are Elephant Hill Saturday, and maybe something like Poison Spider Sunday. I'm fine leading either of no one else wants to.

There are 25 pages to read through, but is anyone else bringing a mtb? I'd love to sneak in a ride or two even if it's by lights in the morning or night. The trails right around where we camp can be fun (thinking Sovereign and Bar M wouldn't require driving, and Klondike is close by), and I'd be remiss if I didn't ride Cap'n Ahab.

Note: due to my trailer not being very washout friendly, we may not camp at the exact same spot as the group but we'll play that one by ear.

Edit: fark! http://www.nps.gov/cany/planyourvisit/pets.htm . Guess I'm not doing Elephant Hill.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Ok, so I am now confirmed for wheeling Saturday and Sunday. The 2 trails I was planning on running are Elephant Hill Saturday, and maybe something like Poison Spider Sunday. I'm fine leading either of no one else wants to.

There are 25 pages to read through, but is anyone else bringing a mtb? I'd love to sneak in a ride or two even if it's by lights in the morning or night. The trails right around where we camp can be fun (thinking Sovereign and Bar M wouldn't require driving, and Klondike is close by), and I'd be remiss if I didn't ride Cap'n Ahab.

Note: due to my trailer not being very washout friendly, we may not camp at the exact same spot as the group but we'll play that one by ear.

Edit: fark! Pets - Canyonlands National Park (U.S. National Park Service) . Guess I'm not doing Elephant Hill.
National Parks are awful about dogs. That's why I just avoid them. Plenty of NGL land to explore without the stupid National Park restrictions.

·
Registered
661 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Hi guys.

I am bummed out but due to a real problem I have to bow out. I was seriously looking forward to this. Damn. My FJ is already packed. This seriously sucks.

Edit: Nothing bad, nobody is dead or anything but life has just handed me a very big lemon that will take a lot of sugar to make into lemonade.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I do not have one currently installed either. I've only ever had to pull a line once in Moab and that was due to snow, so I think we'll be OK but if need be I do have some straps, hi-lift, and come along. We can discuss it Saturday in the morning. There's a group of Land Cruisers already out there as well btw, but I think their runs are leaning a little more toward the aggressive side (pritchett, BFE, etc.)

Also, could also try Poison Spider on for size first and if it's a bit much just do that on its own.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hi guys.

I am bummed out but due to a real problem I have to bow out. I was seriously looking forward to this. Damn. My FJ is already packed. This seriously sucks.

Edit: Nothing bad, nobody is dead or anything but life has just handed me a very big lemon that will take a lot of sugar to make into lemonade.
Sorry to hear that bro.. Hope things work out.. There's always next time

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
661 Posts
I do not have one currently installed either. I've only ever had to pull a line once in Moab and that was due to snow, so I think we'll be OK but if need be I do have some straps, hi-lift, and come along. We can discuss it Saturday in the morning. There's a group of Land Cruisers already out there as well btw, but I think their runs are leaning a little more toward the aggressive side (pritchett, BFE, etc.)

Also, could also try Poison Spider on for size first and if it's a bit much just do that on its own.

I have similar recovery gear so I am willing to try just about anything emphasis on Just about. Tried hells gate last year and that is off the just about list. Ha.

·
Registered
882 Posts
so it looks Like FJPDX and I will be meeting up early tomorrow morning in Provo , and we should arrive in camp about 8 or 9 am ..I dont know what Dan has planned but, im planning on setting up camp and then hitting some trails after i get set up... anyone have any trails in mind they want to run tomorrow morning?

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
so it looks Like FJPDX and I will be meeting up early tomorrow morning in Provo , and we should arrive in camp about 8 or 9 am ..I dont know what Dan has planned but, im planning on setting up camp and then hitting some trails after i get set up... anyone have any trails in mind they want to run tomorrow morning?

I will probably help @Jrtheman with the bumper install!

·
Registered
661 Posts
I will probably help @Jrtheman with the bumper install!

Oh man if you miss out on wheeling on my account I will feel bad. We should arrive between 12 and 1. So if there is anyone in camp feel free to do what you need and leave the bumpers there. I can't even say how much I appreciate what you have done.

241 - 260 of 390 Posts