Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

301 - 320 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Nice!.. Good to hear!.. I knew between the two of those guys they would get it handled

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
661 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Hats off to Isambull and GRMRPR! The two made the rescue possible. Bull had the parts, ( He had a used inner and outer but a Gentleman who I don't know supplied a brand new outer so we used that, thanks, you un sung hero!!!) and Reaper ended up going the extra mile to carry the baton the final leg. A pleasure to meet folks like you Gentleman.

Also, thanks again for the roof rack cross members FJPDX, you da Man!!

Had a great trip guys. I hope you all make it home safely. We did.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Here's 07TxTRD putting the final touches on the repairs.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1444616429.868878.jpg

He then made it the rest of the way out completely unassisted and like a boss. He's a real wheel man!

Nice to have met everyone. Thanks to FJPDX for riding shotgun to deliver the parts. That's a pretty nasty trail to run solo.

·
Registered
47 Posts
First off, so glad 07TxTRD was able to make the repairs and get back down. Sorry that happened man, though, I am a little jealous you got to stay an extra day :) This was an amazing trip and it was awesome getting to meet and run with everyone. Completely exhausted now but I'll try to get some of the pics up I took in the near future (iphone pics, nothing like some of the actual photographers we had running with us). Hope everyone makes it home safe!

Be Well All!

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Are you fillerbustering me Bar3k?

Sigh.

I took mine to a civic recycling center, near where I live, FWIW.

I would of strapped the plastic one to the rig, and taken it some where locally to dispose of it.

Pack in. Pack out. Keep the trails open.

From your sig looks like you lost one too:surprise

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #312 (Edited)
The fire pit is awful, no one cleaned it up, still metal tube in it, it's still burning red hot right now and there is crap everywhere. I went to bed early, and it seemed to get a bit out of control. Good job cleaning it up before you left this morning guys.

I'll be cleaning it tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I want to give a big thank you to all who helped get my rig off the trail! @GRMREPR best parts delivery truck ever!
View attachment 579258
@istambull and Rob if y'all did not have the parts I would have been walking home...
PM me your addresses and I'll send you new parts to keep as trail spares again!
@Moab Junky thanks for trying to deliver the parts via dirt bike!
@Jrtheman and @FJPDX for keeping the lines of communication open and making sure I was set for the night on the trail!

My night was eventful as there was a 24 hr mountain bike race. My camp site was on the race route. Had several cyclists stop by to rest! One was not doing that good, he was dehydrated. Luckily I had several gals of water. Was able to get him hydrated and back in the race!

After the repairs were complete and on the way out, Golden Spike was not done with me! The Body Snatcher step up got the FJ:
ImageUploadedByAG Free1444662247.010262.jpg
Come to think of it I was really jealous of Jrtheman same dent! :rocker:

I had a blast and am already looking forward to next year!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
258 Posts
Did you find somewhere for an alignment yesterday afternoon? We were pulling up behind you last night on 76 right before our exit.

Body Snatcher came very close to tagging both of us as well, but it was Slide Rock that was a bit more interesting. Good work getting up and over that one - I'm assuming no pics of you and the 40?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Did you find somewhere for an alignment yesterday afternoon? We were pulling up behind you last night on 76 right before our exit.

Body Snatcher came very close to tagging both of us as well, but it was Slide Rock that was a bit more interesting. Good work getting up and over that one - I'm assuming no pics of you and the 40?

No I used a tape measure to set the toe, I got it very close. It really drove good. Need to take it to a shop this week to get it redone. I passed y'all on one of the last slopes on I70.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1444666867.022997.jpg
I think this is the one. We both climbed right up. There was a group of atvs watching us make the climb. That 40 is sweet!
It was great wheeling with y'all, maybe we can run some local trails sometime.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Yep, that was it. Looks way less intimidating in photos - and the day time, ha.
I can confirm that ledge is no joke, solid 5 feet. Watching GRMREPR slide down was amazing, would have loved to see You both climb out. Moab Junky champed it out in pro form. We really wanted to be there for the parts handoff but both bikes and rides were beat.

301 - 320 of 390 Posts