Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

First off, thanks again for everyone coming to the event. We all had a blast and we can't thank the volunteers enough for helping out! We could not have put the event on without you guys and gals.

We, are by no means getting ready for another event just yet, but if you have any suggestions or recommendations, we would love to hear them.

Thanks again !

Seth

·
Registered
547 Posts
gas money for all those who were unable to attend this years or last years to ensure attendance next year.
:)

oh and superchargers as thank you for attending gift that toyota certified mechanics install for you as you are signing in on arrival :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
We need a bigger area. It's just too tight there in front of the Best Western. I don't know if Ouray is at it's limit to what it can offer space wise....

Maybe a trail comittee to organize the runs and the trail leaders/tailgunners is in order.
(many trail leader did not show)

Organize a trail repair/clean up run for a trail that needs it.

Allow attendees to opt out of the sponsored dinners (it takes too long to feed everone)

Back off the start of the Summit until the last week of July.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
-X2 on the food lines, 1 per 150 people or so would be great.
-Organize the trail runs by experience, so those that have run these trails before can be with similarly experience people, would make trail runs go much smoother

A great event, thanks guys!!

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
guys, I'm gonna hit the 'pause' button on this one so we can all just relax a bit for the next few weeks. this thread is stressing me out lol. can we all just hold off on suggestion threads for just a few weeks and then resume after that? We definitely wnat input. I have a running list of things I'd change on my iphone - portapotties being close to the top. but - let's just focus on the positive for right now.....thanks a lot....

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I like the positives. Like this one:

Jason, Seth and Tim did an outstanding job again. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
a word: port-a-potties.

Streamline the registration process. Give a URL where we can pre-print any waivers, etc and bring them already signed. Have two lines: one for those with their signed forms and one for those without.

reward the pre-filled out forms with an extra raffle ticket or other trinket.

Make the confirmation and rescheduling of runs somewhere separate from registration.
Different line.

Move the sale of raffle tickets away from registration line - avoid bunching up.

have activities going on during registration - games, etc. (how about radio controlled FJ racing? single elimination, you race 'til you get beat. winner gets bragging rights and maybe a t-shirt or something.)

Some significant others were not into off-roading. (shocking but true) A shuttle between the outlying places into town and back would have been nice for those that didn't go on a run. perhaps a morning loop, a mid-day loop, and an end of day loop. for a shuttle between, each of the outlying places and downtown? Even if it was on a fee basis, this would be a good thing.

These are just a few thoughts off the top of my head.

Even saying all of this, the summit was more than a success!

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
The raffle:

Tape the winning ticket to the prize. then, if it is a big item that needs to be picked up, the winner has to provide the ticket to be matched with the prize. This would avoid any confusion as to who won what.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
[1] Separate the runs by the number of stops. Some people want to soak in the scenery/take photos, others just want to drive on through. Maybe schedule the slower runs early with an hour between them, and the fast ones later on with 20 min between.

[2] Have the trail leads coordinate CB channel to use to communicate with each other. Last year our trail leaders would always chat with the previous group so we wouldn't start moving until they left the next stop. This meant there was always 10 - 15 minutes (min) between the groups. There were several "traffic jams" coming down Imogene / Black Bear.

[3] More trails so the groups can be smaller. I preferred it last year when 10 was the max and most runs didn't go beyond 8. 12 is too much. On one of the days, two of us went off on our own and did Stony Pass. It was a blast. I think if the trails are the same next year too many experienced people will just break off into private groups and do their own thing.

[4] Make it easier for people to sign up with people they know. Last year when it was done at the table people could adjust their times - this year it was blind so people didn't know who they were going to go with. Some mixing is nice, but friends will often see each other once a year at the event.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I like the positives. Like this one:

Jason, Seth and Tim did an outstanding job again. :bigthumb:
You guys are AWESOME! We didn't attend the summit last year and we were very impressed by it this year. There will ALWAYS be things to improve upon and there is NO WAY to make everyone happy. Everyone needs to keep in mind this is only the 2nd year of this event and there were more attendies this year which causes additional difficulties.

A huge THANK YOU to you guys (and your families) for all the time & effort you have put into this fantastic event!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
820 Posts
1) More than one food line.

2) More entertainment in the evenings so people stick around after dinner. Hire a DJ, more music, muddiest FJ contest, something. Part of the fun is socializing but when everyone absconds after dinner thats kind of hard. The bar helps, but not everyone drinks either.

3) More trail runs for smaller groups. Groups of 10 can be painful, we had a group of 5 on Friday and it was perfect.

4) Make Alpine Loop shorter or cut it out of the line up. A lot of us are there to do trail runs, but seriously, 8-10 hours is ridiculous. Thats longer than we drive per day on expeditions, and we were in such a rush to get back in time for dinner we couldn't even enjoy the second half of the trail.

5) Limit parking at the Best Western to the people who are actually staying at the hotel, at least the actual spaces. Hand out a parking pass upon check in...if you are paying $140 a night for a 2 star hotel you should at least be able to park there!

We are already looking forward to next year!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Can it be 3 weeks long please:lol::lol: seemed like one day in all:rofl:

great job guys thanks for all the hard work that was absolutely amazing:D

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Step out of the box and take it to broadway!!! Keep the hardcore runs at Ouray, add similar runs at Moab, Organize roadtrips down the spine of CO (I.E. minturn to Ouray/Telluride. Roadtrips to Mesa Verdi, Canyonlands, Arches, Gila, Organpipe, 4 corners, Alb, SF, Hovenwheep, Chaco, Chinle, Gila.. Lots and lots of fun stuff to see and do.. That way you could encompass everyone that wanted to attend and everyone would have great fun of their level. You could even do a DV run or two with nevedaesh. Sandy and I would be willing to do every one of those runs.. I can GPS pilot any of the roadtrips and the locals could take over once on-location... Anyhow.... Go big and take everyone next time... Ron

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Step out of the box and take it to broadway!!! Keep the hardcore runs at Ouray, add similar runs at Moab, Organize roadtrips down the spine of CO (I.E. minturn to Ouray/Telluride. Roadtrips to Mesa Verdi, Canyonlands, Arches, Gila, Organpipe, 4 corners, Alb, SF, Hovenwheep, Chaco, Chinle, Gila.. Lots and lots of fun stuff to see and do.. That way you could encompass everyone that wanted to attend and everyone would have great fun of their level. You could even do a DV run or two with nevedaesh. Sandy and I would be willing to do every one of those runs.. I can GPS pilot any of the roadtrips and the locals could take over once on-location... Anyhow.... Go big and take everyone next time... Ron
Now that is a great thought! Moab today was soo flipping fun OMFG!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.