Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
I'm sure Jason et al, will research all avenues before making policy, and come to an equitable solution/decision.

So, let's drop the getting sued talk, ok? Even if they decide to ban firearms, I'll still attend (I'll make arrangements)...

Let's just have fun!

thank you :D

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Back at ya, Kat! I'm especially feeling mellow and reflective this morning, after watching "The Bucket List" last night.

On Topic: I also like the idea about the registration forms, filling them out early. What if they were available for downloading from FJSummit 2008 National Meet, then we could fill them out, sign it, and then fax it in?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Thanks for organizing this event and to all involved in that part. I had an overall great time. Here are my ideas for possible improvements.

Next year I would like to see no dinners. For us campers it was a pain in the dupa to run into town and wait in line and try to wiggle through the crowded area. It was just a hassle, and took away from camping and relaxing. Besides, the resturants could use the business!

Keep the registration fee the same or more and use the money spent for the dinners instead to contribute to the fire dept or whomever the donees are to replace the money from the raffle. Every attendee then gets only five raffle tickets each as part of the registration fee. That way everyone has a fair chance and those who have the luxury (or means)of raising their odds don't walk away with an inordinate amount of prizes. Make the raffle a party that starts at six and ends at ten. Music, refreshments, (no dinner)drawings interspersed amongnst the aformentioned..

The loudmouth drinkers were at the campgrounds too and who knows how intoxicated they were when they drove off after midnight. Lets face it, loudmouths and direpectful people are As_ -H_les! Maybe we do need the gun carriers after all, hint, hint!:lol:

Have more organization (leaders/tailgunners training meeting)for trail runs with picture stops yet with time consttraints so that the groups don't get stuck behind the, "stop every second bunch" (Imagine 6:30 group)

6:30 might be OK for the east coasters altready awake, but me nothing should start before 7AM

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
6:30 might be OK for the east coasters altready awake, but me nothing should start before 7AM
I suppose that means me :)

can't win with this one. I did it a little later last year and people complained that it was too late and that most people had already started heading out of town at that point - a strong suggestion was made to have it earlier, so I did. I think people just need to get up earlier - won't kill them...

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
I wasn't going to post but the open gun caught my attnetion, here is the site for carrying weapons in the open:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/wbardwel/public/nfalist/colorado_faq.txt

I am in no way against guns, however around kids ranging from 1 - ?, they should not have been at that event. Just my $.02 worth.

I do know that the local law enforcement did speak with him, so they did know.
The link is seven years out of date. (last updated 2001)

I checked with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation - they have a web site with more up to date information, including CCW reciprocity lists.

Personally, Open carry doesn't bother me. It does NOT create an unsafe environment.

People that are bothered by it have the right to be bothered by it. However, personally I think their concern is more out of ignorance than fact.

They've been convinced that guns are evil or dangerous. When it is people that are evil or dangerous. Someone intent on doing harm will not be deterred by a rule or a law.

I know of at least 8 people who were carrying concealed at the summit. I suspect there was a lot more. All without incident.

It is a tempest in a teapot.

But if you want to suggest no open carry, fine by me.

·
Banned
3,593 Posts
I suggest the people that can't handle the reality(booze/guns/women/foul language/etc.) of the world should stay home......Or learn to deal with the fact that we are NOT all alike.....

·
Registered
820 Posts
I suggest the people that can't handle the reality(booze/guns/women/foul language/etc.) of the world should stay home......Or learn to deal with the fact that we are NOT all alike.....
x2...diversity is a beautiful thing...embrace it or don't go, simple as that.

As for the official after party thing, I think having it at a different bar every night would be great. Driving through town some of those places were dead and I'm sure they would appreciate the business. Personally I'd much rather give the local businesses my money across the board rather than pumping it into one business all weekend.

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
Ok, I didn't have an issue with the gun so much as clearly he was in desert camo and he was clashing with the fauna, jungle would of been more appropriate!

Another vendor was going to set up a baby seal bashing contest...but SOME found this in poor taste...pshh

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I have no issue with the open carry folks or even CCWs. It is their right and I feel no danger from it nor do I feel it was inappropriate. If you have an issue with open carry or CCW, I would suggest moving the event to a state that allows neither. The last thing anyone planning the event should do is take a political stance or even a stance that can be misconstrued as such related to local laws and/or ordinances. It is a slippery slope and I would leave these requests to the Sheriff and the Town of Ouray. Ask them what they would prefer, not what the planning committee prefers.

I also think everyone with a complaint should plan next years event or at least volunteer. To complain and not be part of the solution is just b!tching IMHO.

Sorry if my post seems crass, but some of you people just complain about everything you can and annoy the beans out me.

MODs: For the love all that is American, please shut this thread down.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
81 - 97 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.