Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2012 thread is not showing in active topics, but for some reason this one is. Please click here to go to the 2012 Convoy thread: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/2012-fjcruiser-summit/145618-official-2012-dfw-fj-summit-convoy-thread.html
Plan on going to Summit and live in the DFW area or a city along the way? Join the pack and the pre-summit fun that promises to be an adventure in itself.

Current plan is to leave on Sunday the 17th from the Fort Worth Cabelas parking lot at 8:00am. We will have one overnight stay in Raton, NM. See this post for details: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/2011-fj-cruiser-summit/124828-official-2011-dfw-fj-summit-convoy-thread-3.html#post1918196

DEADLINE to order decals and shirts is the morning of June 28th.

CONFIRMED LIST/Sunday night camping info

1. Wilson & Mrs Wilson/KOA
2. Coonass (Jacque)/KOA
3. Digger +2/KOA
4. Bauerpauer +2/KOA
5. SSDuck8 +1/KOA
6. BrettV/KOA
7. FJ_Wheeler/KOA (meeting us in Amarillo)
8. bc indiana +1/KOA
9. Raggler/KOA (meeting us in Amarillo)
10. COOKN/KOA (meeting us along 287 north of Ft Worth)
11. DasMesser/KOA (meeting us along 287 north of Ft Worth)

Decal & Shirt orders:
Wilson & Mrs Wilson: 4 decals & L shirt & med woman's tank
Coonass: 2 decals & L shirt
Brett: 2 decal & L shirt
SSDuck8: 2 decals, M shirt & S woman's
FJ Wheeler: 2 decals & XL shirt
Digger: 2 decals & 2 XL shirts
Bauerpauer: 1 decal & 1 Med shirt & 2 smalls
bc indiana: 2 decals & 1 L shirt & 1 small shirt
Raggler: 2 decals & 1 L shirt
Cookn: 2 decals & XXL shirt
DasMesser: 2 decals & M shirt

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just bribed a coworker to switch vacation time with me, we're going. Looks like my route takes me through Dallas. Depending on when you are leaving, we may adjust our departure times and join your convoy!

Subscribed

·
fka GW193
1,392 Posts
Hey Wilson - I'm bringing a bunch of FJ Bruisers from the mid-Atlanic area out for the summit. We're leaving the DC area on the 16th, should be in Kansa on the 18th, y'all coming up that way or taking 20? Maybe we can hook up, if not, we'll see you there. Can't wait!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey thinking of heading to the summit around the 17th, leaving from western ky. going through St. Louis. Got room for another FJr?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Just registered and reserved a cabin.

We might be able to tag along for part of the caravan.

We were going to spend the first night of the trip in Amarillo since my wife's family is there.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Wilson,
I think the wife and I are leaving out of Austin on the Wednesday and heading to Santa Fe for the night then up to Ouray the next day. If yall are going to be in Santa Fe then lets try and hook up for dinner.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Were yall planning on driving there in one straight shot or overnighting somewhere along the way to acclimate? If not we may ride in your pack part of the way, but I'll have my 5 year old daughter with us and I'm afraid not to stop overnight and let her acclimate.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Were yall planning on driving there in one straight shot or overnighting somewhere along the way to acclimate? If not we may ride in your pack part of the way, but I'll have my 5 year old daughter with us and I'm afraid not to stop overnight and let her acclimate.
I spoke with Wilson this weekend and he mentioned that we would probably stay the night some place along the way up there. Im not certian where yet but its pretty certian we will not make it all at once. Im looking forward to it and hope you can make it. :wave:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey fellow Texans, I am wanting to create a flag to be flown from my CB antenna while in Ouray for our trip. The flag is our Texas Flag with the Gonzales Flag imposed on the top (The Gonzales Flag is the flag with the cannon that reads “come and take it”. After much research, it looks like I can have this created but I am required to have a minimum of 12. When it is all said and done, to have 12 made it would cost right at 20.26 per flag. Would any others be willing to purchase these? I am not a vendor, so I hope I don’t get in trouble by asking this on here, however, I figured since Texans are known for having a great sense of state pride, why not show it off? On a side note, if anyone knows someone who can do this cheaper, I would be equally willing to use them, I just cant seem to find around me to do it and have it actually be a flag instead of a banner. (Also, don’t mean to hijack the thread)
Thanks - Luke

This isnt the exact picture I would like to use just something similar to it...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Hey fellow Texans, I am wanting to create a flag to be flown from my CB antenna while in Ouray for our trip. The flag is our Texas Flag with the Gonzales Flag imposed on the top (The Gonzales Flag is the flag with the cannon that reads “come and take it”. After much research, it looks like I can have this created but I am required to have a minimum of 12. When it is all said and done, to have 12 made it would cost right at 20.26 per flag. Would any others be willing to purchase these? I am not a vendor, so I hope I don’t get in trouble by asking this on here, however, I figured since Texans are known for having a great sense of state pride, why not show it off? On a side note, if anyone knows someone who can do this cheaper, I would be equally willing to use them, I just cant seem to find around me to do it and have it actually be a flag instead of a banner. (Also, don’t mean to hijack the thread)
Thanks - Luke
I might be in for that! I also may have a connection. Send me a pictar :clap:

On the convoy, anymore details?? I'm looking at leaving on the 15th (Friday) wuz looking at going to Moab first, but now there is scuttlebutt about going to Crested Butte and Aspen first? Is anybody in this convoy going anywhere before the Summit?:thinkerg:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Registered for summit! I'll already be in CO with the fam the week prior to Ouray, so we may look into catching the caravan back home.
-Greg

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like we have quite a bit of interest. :bigthumb:

Forum Vendor and Summit Premier Sponsor trdParts4u.com will lead the pack.

Details still being worked out, but will probably roll out of the Toyota of Dallas parking lot on Sunday or Monday. Not sure which route they will take, but we will have a one night stay along the way.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Whoa, too early in the week for me, Steve. I'm leaving early Wednesday, so I'll catch y'all up there on Thursday afternoon.

BTW, if y'all find that you've forgotten something here in town, let me know & I'll bring it with me. Let me know...

1 - 20 of 200 Posts