Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey! Y'all have a safe trip up to Summit, and have a great time up there!
I cannot tell you how proud we at TRDparts4u are to be a part of this great event.
Barb

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Got pulled over by a DPS ten miles outside Dalhart. I was going 73 in a 70. He said "we are very strict about the speed limit around here". He checked over the FJ to make sure everything complied with the law and gave me a warning. I then said "Ok officer, I will try to keep it under 80 and floored it". Well, the last sentence is not true but I was thinking I should just take off over 70 and have him pull me over again and then say "Just seeing if you were serious".

So, if you guys are planning to go through Dalhart (unless all DPS is like this currently), watch out.

Going through Amarillo, we saw a broken down FJ on the other side of the road pulling a camper. He had an A&M sticker on the side of his car. It looked like a flat tire. The police had a lane blocked while he changed it.

Well, off to Delta.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Wonder if that was Migz (Miguel)? Maybe he was picking up a trailer and heading back to Houston?

He's the only one I know that has an A&M logo on the C-pillar...

As far as the speed limit goes, I've never seen DPS around that area, in many years of passing through. Guess they're stepping up patrols recently, dunno. In any case, I'm sticking to 70 mph regardless, just to try and coax a few more MPG outta my Hankook M/T's (man those things suck for mileage)...

·
Registered
574 Posts
We bailed out from the DFW convoy in Amarillo. Had to visit the in-laws for a day or so.

We are going to hit the Great Sand Dunes Tuesday and should catch up with you in Ouray Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Nice pictures. :)

Have a fun and safe trip...see you all Wednesday!

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Wilson, Raggler & the gang, just in case we are with in CB distance on the way to Ouray...

My Trucker CB Handle will be:
Black Momba

Wilson's is:
Unicorn Kisses

Raggler's is:
Care Bear

Brian's (in Oreo) is:
The Little Princess

Jacque's can be:
Rainbow Brite

:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
I have two shirts leftover (1 L & 1 XL) and one large door decal. If anyone is interested I will sell the shirts for $15 each and the door decal for $10.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
I'll probably be more involved in volunteer duties for the 2012 event, so I might just be in your convoy next year, Steve (I'll have to get to Ouray earlier than usual).

So, y'all will have to put up with my radio chatter all the way out, lol...

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
I finally pulled off my convoy decals. A very little amount of adhesive remained where the top edge of the decal was. I used the sticky part of the decal to easily remove what was left behind.

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
We are going to do it again in 2012! Unfortunately we need to limit the group to 12 vehicles. We will be leaving on Sunday July 15th, taking same route as last year and camping overnight at the KOA in Raton, NM and arriving in Ouray Monday afternoon. CB radio is mandatory.

I will start a new thread and include a link here.

Please PM if you are interested. Priority will be given to last years participants. Include your first and last name, your phone number (please indicate whether or not you text), and tell me if you want to do shirts and decals again. I don't know if I can get the cost covered again. Economy kicking everyone's butt.

181 - 200 of 200 Posts