Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #141 (Edited)
It would not be Summit without a last minute change.

We are NOT meeting at Toyota of Dallas!

So that it's convenient for our Fort Worth folks let's meet at Cabela's at 8am. The address is just north of 287:
12901 Cabela Drive
Fort Worth‎ TX‎ 76177

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Dude.....just a week and one day away!......

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
I'm just a hair under 60k miles......I need to swap out my plugs as well!

I'm getting pumped. Just did all the gear oil changes, brakes and plugs! Now to fix my CB...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wilson,

Based on your previous discussion with Raggler, I also plan on arriving in Amarillo around 3pm Sunday. Have you gave it any thoughts on where would be the best place to meet up with the convoy?

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Wilson,

Based on your previous discussion with Raggler, I also plan on arriving in Amarillo around 3pm Sunday. Have you gave it any thoughts on where would be the best place to meet up with the convoy?
Probably a truck stop. Big parking lot with fuel, restrooms and fast food options. Open to suggestions since I do not know that town...at all.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If I were you guys I would meet at the PETRO Travel Center, exit 75 turn right on Loop 335 and its just on your right. They have a Subway, McDonalds and the cheapest fuel around town. Follow the loop north and it will take you right to HW287 north.
Wish I was going but my timing was off with the dates. I am taking my daughter up near Monument Lake in the morning for a few days of R&R out of this Frickin HEAT!!
Next year the priority is the Summit for sure.
Keep your BUTTS in the car (this area is a tinderbox) and enjoy your ride to The Rockies.
Casey

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Wilson,

Probably a truck stop. Big parking lot with fuel, restrooms and fast food options. Open to suggestions since I do not know that town...at all.
If I were you guys I would meet at the PETRO Travel Center, exit 75 turn right on Loop 335 and its just on your right. They have a Subway, McDonalds and the cheapest fuel around town. Follow the loop north and it will take you right to HW287 north.
Wish I was going but my timing was off with the dates. I am taking my daughter up near Monument Lake in the morning for a few days of R&R out of this Frickin HEAT!!
Keep your BUTTS in the car (this area is a tinderbox) and enjoy your ride to The Rockies.
Casey
Exit 75: Is this easily accessed from I-40? Or am I gonna have to make loopty loop to get to it?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nah, it's just a simple exit on the right, turn right at the light and the PETRO is on the right. When you leave the PETRO take another right (north) stay on Loop335 and you will turn right onto the HW287 North headed towards Dumas. Pretty easy RIGHT??
If anyone makes it in earlier than the rest of the DFW Convoy they are welcome to hang out at MiCasa. I've got plenty of COLD XX'S longnecks in the fridge.
Casey

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Lol, I always get a kick out that town when I ride through, Dumas.

First thought that passes through my mind is, why would anyone admit that they live in Dumbass? LOL...

J/k, for those that live there... :)

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
It would not be Summit without a last minute change.

We are NOT meeting at Toyota of Dallas!

So that it's convenient for our Fort Worth folks let's meet at Cabela's at 8am. The address is just north of 287:
12901 Cabela Drive
Fort Worth‎ TX‎ 76177
Anymore changes? I am just checking. Since I am driving up from San Antonio on Saturday night, I am booking a room at the nearest Motel 6. I just want to be sure where I am going.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Casey
Thanks for the information Casey. Sounds like a good place to meet. Will wait and see what the Wilson and the convoy have in mind.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
What is wrong with your cb Brian?
still not working (same from Jambo.)

It worked fine under initial install and tune. then I got in the console area to wire my light switch and I mast have buggered it up.

Landy and I are going to look at it one evening this week. If no good...maybe you and I can look at it one evening of the Summit.

think it may be the in cab ground wire....we'll see.

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
Landy and I are going to look at it one evening this week. If no good...maybe you and I can look at it one evening of the Summit.

think it may be the in cab ground wire....we'll see.
No problem, we can do that. I'll be bringing my good Fluke multimeter and my good antenna analyzer both to the summit.

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Casey
Sounds like a great place to meet. Thank you sir. The Petro it is. We should arrive around 3 or 4.

Anymore changes? I am just checking. Since I am driving up from San Antonio on Saturday night, I am booking a room at the nearest Motel 6. I just want to be sure where I am going.
Cabelas for sure Brett. :bigthumb:

141 - 160 of 200 Posts